Lg g2 to maxx....bad idea?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
But boy, you watch vids like this one (which made me cringe many times) and you'd think its invincible. Although he did end up with some light scratches at the end.

Gorilla Glass Scratch Test (Torture) - YouTube

Its funny to watch but he actually scratches it during his first test. But that's fine I don't trust those videos because its not a good example of real world hazards.

Reminder - if you want to keep your display in mint condition use a screen protector. Leaving it naked even in an empty pocket leaves your phone at risk.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
You may want to start using a screen protector. Look around here; plenty of people are reporting scratches on their Maxxes, plenty doubting that it has gorilla glass (which is scratch resistant, not scratch proof, by the way.)

Never used one and never will, but appreciate the advice. I've used probably a half dozen phones so far in 2013, and not one has a single scratch. And I'm not careful by any means, but I do take obvious precautions.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
so does this mean the orignal razr maxx has a stronger screen? mine doesn't have a protector and been in my pocket accidentally with keys, landed on pavement with screen down and not a single scratch on it. i hope pocket lint wouldn't be enough to damage the screen on this because screen protectors are a ***** to put on evenly. it bothers me to no end when it's not even. plus it's not as smooth to swipe through.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I never really thought to look at this phone. I probably should've of looked at, but after reading the reception isn't as good on it then it probably would've been a bad choice for me. I have a poor very signal at work. I barely get 4G on my Maxx, but I've been getting it the last couple days. Not sure why I didn't pick up 4G the first couple times I tried it, but I'm getting it now. I don't think my signal at home is the best either. Also, I need the bigger battery in the Maxx.

Adrian Rangel

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Not a bad move at all! I just sold my G2 and got the Maxx. I actually had the Maxx before the G2 and I just had to go back. The battery,active notifications,stock android were all too good to pass up. Plus knock on wouldn't work 100% which really annoyed me after a while lol.

Posted via Android Central App

acastillo922

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Not a bad move at all! I just sold my G2 and got the Maxx. I actually had the Maxx before the G2 and I just had to go back. The battery,active notifications,stock android were all too good to pass up. Plus knock on wouldn't work 100% which really annoyed me after a while lol.

Posted via Android Central App

I did the same exact thing, although my battery with the Maxx this time around is not lasting as long. I need to diagnose though and see what's eating it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
And although I may not have knock on AND off with my Maxx I do have knock off. Just programmed the double tap into NOVA to turn the screen off. The screen on the G2 was beautiful, but I'm happy with the Maxx.