Droid Maxx randomly restarting

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue? It has just restarted itself a few times over the last couple of days. A couple times just sitting there and one in my pocket.

Posted via Android Central App

scooph

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue? It has just restarted itself a few times over the last couple of days. A couple times just sitting there and one in my pocket.

Same here. I've had the Droid Maxx for about six weeks, and it never rebooted on its own before yesterday. Happened twice. Don't know why.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I've had the Droid Maxx for about six weeks, and it never rebooted on its own before yesterday. Happened twice. Don't know why.

Agreed, I have noticed a couple reboots recently as well. Nothing consistent happening that could lead to a cause.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you all install any applications or have any applications update recently that you recall? I've had two reboots myself since launch but I overloaded the memory when these happened. I'm wondering if maybe you're having a conflict with the new YouTube application because I had odd things happen to me until I uninstalled and reinstalled. Otherwise, a factory reset with a clean slate may be your best option. Sorry for throwing the worst scenario out there but issue like this are difficult to locate and fix.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had one random reboot in almost 10 weeks, and it happened a few hours after installing one particular app. I uninstalled it and it hasn't happened since.

Random reboots are hard to diagnose. I think that there are almost all caused by an application - but finding the cause is the hard part. Good luck.

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X used to randomly reboot. Usually, it was within 5 minutes of turning it off. There was a whole thread about it over on the Droid X forum. I just came to live with it and we lovingly referred to my Droid as Zombie Phone. Finally, one day, it just quit doing it. I surmised that Motorola had fixed the problem in an update. Since you say it started after installing one particular app and stopped after uninstalling said app, how about sharing what said app is.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Since you say it started after installing one particular app and stopped after uninstalling said app, how about sharing what said app is.

Sorry I left that out. It's pretty esoteric. I have a Pebble watch, which is connected to my Maxx, and I tried out an app for the Pebble called Glance for Pebble.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=uk.co.finebyte.pebbleglance&token=gP0EwBPU

Looking at the app, I see that there was an update on Sept 21, which is after I had that problem. Maybe I will try it again. Anyway, it was within hours of installing that app and using it that it had the random restart. Since uninstalling it, the phone has not restarted.

It's impossible to prove that it was that app, of course. But there is a lot of circumstantial evidence...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress