Sleeps to fast

Minkybut

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
My Droid Maxx if I'm in pitch black like in my tent in my sleeping bag, on the home screen will stay on only like 3 seconds. I am not a novice with the phone so I have checked to screen timer etc. Even on 10 minutes it does the same thing. Any ideas?

Minkybut

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
As I stated, I'm not a novice with the phone. I have been through every setting know or provided Gekko, so your one word answer was use as useless as a Gekko

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a proximity sensor that is supposed to turn off the phone when you hold it to your face or put it in your pocket. The sensor probably thinks that you've put the phone in your pocket.

I don't think there is an exposed setting, so probably the best idea is to carry a small light source, like an LED light or something that can brighten the ambient light around the phone. If your sleeping bag is covering the sensor on the top left, to the left of the phone earpiece, it could be that as well...

chauncycat

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I just went through this same issue. My Prox sensor stopped working. Go to the play store and download a proximity sensor app. It should start reading around 3" from the front of the phone. I had the same issues, phone was shutting off non-stop, about 3-4 seconds after I unlocked the phone. My screen would also go to black as soon as I made phone calls, no menu at all. I contacted motorola and they had me clear the cache, then they had me do a complete reset of the phone (wiping all data) and they told me I had to make a warranty claim.

They gave me a issue id number (came with the email they sent me) I then initiated a chat with verizon, told them about my issue, gave them my motorola issue id number, and they overnighted me a new maxx. It was incredibly easy, and verizon's customer support was great.