video errors

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
has anybody else had issues on 4.4.4 where the video camera says unable to start. I can restart the phone and get it to work one time then its back to saying unable to start.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
has anybody else had issues on 4.4.4 where the video camera says unable to start. I can restart the phone and get it to work one time then its back to saying unable to start.

Yes, I believe that this is well known, and a factory reset is not required to fix it. It's due to the new "ok Google" hit word detection on any screen in the google search app. Open the google app, or open google now, scroll down to the bottom and hit the settings control, settings, voice, ok google detection, turn off from any screen.

The google app holds the microphone open and the camera cannot capture audio, so you get that error. With Touchless controls you don't need that hot word detection in any app anyway.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I believe that this is well known, and a factory reset is not required to fix it. It's due to the new "ok Google" hit word detection on any screen in the google search app. Open the google app, or open google now, scroll down to the bottom and hit the settings control, settings, voice, ok google detection, turn off from any screen.

The google app holds the microphone open and the camera cannot capture audio, so you get that error. With Touchless controls you don't need that hot word detection in any app anyway.

well what your saying makes perfect since . its to bad I got impatient and did a reset . but thanks for trying to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non