Heating / Spontaneous Poweroff

Zenonquest

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My droid maxx has been heating up so much lately that it needs to shut me out temporarily while it cools itself off. At the same time, my phone has been having trouble charging and will even spontaneously shut down when the battery is below 50%.

I was wondering if anyone else has been facing the same issues. Do any of you guys have the same problems that I'm facing?

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have not experienced the issues you have mentioned. A couple questions to help clarify and possibly give you a solution.
1.What type of charger are you using? The QI wireless charger or the stock USB charger that came with the phone?
2.What is happening when the phone heats up? Is it in your pocket? Are you playing a game? Is it while charging? Is it after the screen has been on an extended amount of time? Is it while you are in a low signal strength area?

JMHO

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've also not had overheating issues. I've even navigated while plugged in to power in the car and playing media over Bluetooth without a problem.

Good luck, I hope you find the problem.

Zenonquest

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The only apps running consistently in the background are relay for reddit and chrome. I'd be surprised if these apps were causing the problems with heating up. Also I don't think an app would force my phone to shut down at 30% battery

The Qi charger I used was the one they have at Starbucks at the tables.

Posted via the Android Central App