Squeaking/Noisy back cover

SKIBOARDER119

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else noticed (with the case off of course) that the back is really squeaky?

I don't hear anything with the case on it, but every time I pick it up without a case it makes noise. I'm trying to decide if I should put in for a replacement. It sounds like some adhesive or something on the inside let loose.

GnatGoSplat

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem with my Droid Mini. It was creaking/squeaking loudly at where the back casing touches the front part between the volume and power buttons. I would hear it every time I picked it up. Felt and sounded so cheap, it got on my nerves. I removed the volume/SIM tray and used a plastic spudger tool to pull out the back casing a little and dabbed a tiny amount of silicone grease along the top edge. Vaseline probably would have worked too. After wiping off the excess, the squeak/creak is 100% gone!

Had the squeaking and creaking been much worse, another idea I had was to pull off the back cover and coat the edge where the snap tabs are with a very thin coat of silicone. It's a trick I've done with squeaky/creaky interior parts in cars and works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87