Turn off touchscreen while typing on keyboard?

netsatwork

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble typing on the top line of letters without hitting 'Home' or 'Back' on the touchpad and screwing up whatever you are typing? I've lost several emails and it messes up when I try to text quickly way too often. Is there some type of smart app that can turn the touchscreen off while typing? It might be difficult for an app to determine when you intend to use the keyboard and when you want to use the touchscreen, but it is getting annoying.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes. That has happened to me on several occasions. However, going back into the application will start you where you left. I am only referring to sms. I have yet to encounter this with emails. I don't write many emails. Regardless, it is just a matter of getting accustomed to where the keys are. The more I text, the less it happens. :p

netsatwork

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, SMS is more annoying. I haven't found a way to get the email back on Touchdown. Regardless, though, it seems like there should be a little bit more space between the keyboard and touchpad since the screen is so sensitive.

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had trouble with this at first but not so much anymore. On ocassion I might still accidentally hit one of the soft keys above but doesn't happen to me very often anymore.

mikecherry

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening to me as well almost every time I type, and is definitely driving me nuts. I am calling Moto again today to follow up about the corp push email issue, and am planning to ask about this as well. I think it would be crazy to have to slow down your typing or modify the way you do because the soft keys are too sensitive. Getting frustrated that there seems to have been minimal testing before release.

Also posted this same topic on another forum, I hope cross posting is allowed:
Keyboard issues during email/sms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty