Can't update to froyo/update maps, facebook on moto droid (unrooted)

ebj

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to root my moto droid a few weeks ago, so I used the instructions on theunlockr.com. When trying to flash the phone back to 2.0.1 using RSDlite, I kept getting "error getting subscriber unit information"/ 0xe003003f.

Eventually I just wanted to make the phone functional again, so I followed the "how to unroot your droid" instructions to flash 2.1 back onto it, but this caused some weird problems with my permissions ... now I am unable to update the maps, google goggles and facebook apps. They download from the market but won't install ("package file was not signed correctly").

Did a factory reset, no change. The biggest issue is that I now can't install the official FRG01 release (presumably because of the same permissions issue? when I try to update, I get "E:failed to verify whole-file signature" and "E:signature verification failed").

I can't gain root access because I can't flash back to 2.0.1 (I have tried RSDlite on multiple computers and I get the same error repeatedly, then have to flash 2.1 again).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Did you download the stock sbf or modded 2.1 sbf if its the modded sbf that could be the reason you may have spr recovery not the stock. As far as not being able to update maps and facebook that could be due to you them being installed in system not data. Try and reboot into recovery and let me know which recovery you have

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree with that thebizz you probably have a different recovery. If that is the case you could just download the full FRG01 and install that file

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you have spr just hit allow update.zip prior to install update.zip and make sure its on the root of your sdcard

ebj

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Booted in recovery mode; Android system recovery <2e>. I originally downloaded the 2.1 sbf file from theunlockr.com's "how to unroot your droid" page (can I post links in this forum?).

So if I download the full FRG01 I can flash it using RSD lite? If that's the case, I'll try that tonight.

Thanks!

ebj

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh, one more question –*does anyone know where I can get the full FRG01 sbf file? I can't seem to find an official build anywhere.