what is the best rom....

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
for live wallpapers. I want something is stable (or at least mostly stable) and visually appealing. I currently admin running sholes rom but am getting kind of bored with it. what's your guys opinion or the best rom from your experiences

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
my opinion is that a lot of the ROM's with the live wallpapers are not stable. there are a few options, many of which I have read and had random reboots with.

You can try the newest ROM's from Pete that he has posted on AllDroid if you want, they would be my best recommendation.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So bitfix, have you tried live wallpapers on the 2.0.6 sholes ROM? I have not had a single force close with it running live wallpapers, and it runs amazing fast when overclocked to 1000 MHz. Better than the stock ROM by a mile.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
So bitfix, have you tried live wallpapers on the 2.0.6 sholes ROM? I have not had a single force close with it running live wallpapers, and it runs amazing fast when overclocked to 1000 MHz. Better than the stock ROM by a mile.

not yet. there are some things im trying to figure out before i do that but im def gonna. i keep seeing people saying "adb" and i have no idea how to get that or even use it. i kind of just want to make sure i know what to do if somthing goes wrong haha.

your using the sholesrom that they put on droidmod's site and the live wallpaper that is on alldroid, right? hows the battery, memory and temperature holding up?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
not yet. there are some things im trying to figure out before i do that but im def gonna. i keep seeing people saying "adb" and i have no idea how to get that or even use it. i kind of just want to make sure i know what to do if somthing goes wrong haha.

your using the sholesrom that they put on droidmod's site and the live wallpaper that is on alldroid, right? hows the battery, memory and temperature holding up?

Watch those videos and I swear you'll feel a lot better about it.

I am using all of the things you said above. This ROM is rock solid, as are each of the things you asked about. I have noticed no decrease in battery life and the whole thing is BLAZING fast. I really do love it and there's no way I would take an official ROM push over this combo right now.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
if i used the sholesmod updater and i already have nandoid folder and a backup from when i was stock, i should still make a backup of my currents state before i move onto this.... right?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
if i used the sholesmod updater and i already have nandoid folder and a backup from when i was stock, i should still make a backup of my currents state before i move onto this.... right?

Yes, and when you do the ROM update, SPRecovery will invoke Nandroid backup, so a backup will automatically be created in case you need to revert back.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
haha i am retarded. i did what the youtube videos said to do in order to create a nandroid copy and then i went to droidmod's site and installed the updater and it made a nandroid copy when processing it. i could have just skipped the youtube videos. but then again i guess it is good to know for future reference.

edit: the new droidmod updater has the live wallpapers... atleast thats what it says. im doing it now so i will let you guys know once i finish

edit2: the live wallpapers work but they are not interactive which kind of sucks but it is still pretty cool. i just wish i could get them to be interactive

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i just downloaded 2 off the market. lets see if it works....

starfield 3d works so far

i installed openhome (i had it purchased from a while back) and it makes all of the stock live wallpapers work

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
yes they are. but now i have seen on the sites the launcher2 makes it work on the stock home... right? and that is just a launcher that i can install with astro, i dont have to install a different rom?