CM7 Stable now Available for OG Droid

Rat A Tat

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Great news to wake up to this morning. My OG Droid gets a stable CM7 build, AND my Nook Color gets it's official update.

I'll be flashing this shortly.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Fancy widget now, I like it A LOT better, much cleaner.

Anyone try to hook their phone up to their computer? Mine charges fine but i can't access any of the files..

FW is nice but doesn't have the skins BW does.

Yes, I just imported some photos 5 min ago. Didn't have any problems.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Fancy widget now, I like it A LOT better, much cleaner.

Anyone try to hook their phone up to their computer? Mine charges fine but i can't access any of the files..

I've had this same problem on the last few nightlies. It charges, USB Debugging kicks on, but it won't let me access for mass storage. I don't know if it's a bug, or if there is a problem with the USB port on my D1. I'm thinking it's a bug for some Droids.

EDIT: I finally got around to flashing 7.0.2 and it seems the bug with the USB connection is gone.

Last edited:

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Often times this issue is kernel related. My USB connection works fine when using the cyanogen kernel. It doesn't when I load Chevy kernels. It was a problem that came up during the nightly builds. Cyanogen fixed it in the kernel. Chevy and others will need to update their kernels.

stumpedonA854

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
HELP!

I use a local cell company that leases off of Verizon (no sim card)I have a Motorola milestone A854 running 2.1.1 ( build-MILER_XL_00.26.1) I just wanted to know if this is on fact the original Droid, since my carrier told me that they will not be updating my device I am making preparations to root and not be told NO again, any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first post and I am extremely new to the whole android scene, thank you in advance to any and all with information.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I use a local cell company that leases off of Verizon (no sim card)I have a Motorola milestone A854 running 2.1.1 ( build-MILER_XL_00.26.1) I just wanted to know if this is on fact the original Droid, since my carrier told me that they will not be updating my device I am making preparations to root and not be told NO again, any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first post and I am extremely new to the whole android scene, thank you in advance to any and all with information.

It is not exactly the same as a Motorola Droid, but it's very similar. You should be able to find a custom ROM for it somewhere and you should be able to root it the same way as a Motorola Droid.

I'm not sure what custom ROMs will work with it though. I don't know much about the A854.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Been running this since it first jumped on the scene.
Only had some slight issues with sms/mms, but well after 48hrs. of settling in, this ROM is by far my favorite for the OG Droid. ;)

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an issue wiht the home screen taking forever to load up? Say im looking at facebook, and i hit the home icon. It takes about 5 seconds to fully load my home screen. I don't recall it doing that before with the RC.

I do have every app except the ones that i use every day on ym SD card if that matters at all.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I seem to still be having an issue with missing texts/calls, and texts not being sent out properly. Guess it's back to GPA for me..

I wish CM7 was a little more stable and reliable for me. I guess I can't expect my Droid to last forever... :'(

stumpedonA854

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After a bit more research I have found several sites that say the A854 is the cdma Droid but the interesting thing is that Motorola didn't lock the bootloader on this like the others, shouldn't that mean that Modding my device should a lot more simple than other Motorolas?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Locking bootloaders started with the Motorola Milestone XT720. Rooting and ROMming on Moto phones before that is very easy. That includes both the A855 and A854.

The Droid, A855, is also CDMA. You'll just have to do some web searching to see what is available as far as ROMs for A854.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Have they fixed the memory issues in CM7? I'm currently on GPA14 and I almost never have any issues with random app killing and screen redraws (even with Launcherpro not locked to memory).

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

It appears that CM7 will work on your Milestone. Make a Nandroid backup before you flash. If it doesn't work, you can flash your back up and be fine.

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/motorola-droid

beez1717

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving cm7. It runs way faster then sorcery. I think it is awesome. Anyway, my battery life went way up after installing cm7. And I'm using the same kernel. What the heck? That's cool!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any kernel that i can use to OC and still be able to mount my phone to my computer? Chevy's won't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer