01-17-2016 01:16 PM
46 12
tools
    I agree that there's really not a whole like to complain about with the Maxx. I had the Mini for a while, and I liked it just fine, just got tired of the paltry 16gb memory. Got a 32gb Maxx off ebay for $120, and its great. But even with 32 gigs its hard to get some games on there along with music, so I just do with a couple albums at a time. I bit the bullet on the Black Friday deal DT2. More than anything I'm looking forward to loading music onto my 64gb card and still having the 32 gigs on the phone to put games on.
    I'm almost regretting that I personalized it, because now its going to take longer to get to me, but I think I'll be happier with it. My wife complains about the battery life on the old Mini...time to give her the Maxx.
    11-29-2015 09:10 PM
    I came from a Maxx also. I almost pulled the trigger on v2 but opted for the Turbo because of the 32 gb option. The camera is said to be the same in both phones.
    Difference is in the ram and cpu.
    01-05-2016 03:13 AM
    I went from the Maxx to the Turbo 2. I don't like the slickness of the back on the Turbo 2. I left my Maxx naked but will be putting some sort of case on the back of my Turbo 2 to alleviate the slickness. I also didn't like the fact that the OS upgrade made ALL mail into gmail. I liked the old stock email app. I didn't like the fact that I could only make new screens to the "right" of the home screen. On my MAXX I had screens both the left and right.

I installed K-9 mail and that took care of the email issue. I installed Nova launcher and now I FREAKING LOVE THIS PHONE!!!

I still need to put a back case on the phone but that is a minor detail. This is a truly awesome phone - and remember, I loved the MAXX.

Note: I put a 200 GB microSD card in the Turbo 2. I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room yesterday watching Minions in full HD. It looked and played great. When I got called in to see the doctor it was paused and he asked me about it. I think he's probably going to switch to the Turbo 2.
    01-08-2016 05:43 PM
    I went from the Maxx to the Turbo 2. I don't like the slickness of the back on the Turbo 2. I left my Maxx naked but will be putting some sort of case on the back of my Turbo 2 to alleviate the slickness. I also didn't like the fact that the OS upgrade made ALL mail into gmail. I liked the old stock email app. I didn't like the fact that I could only make new screens to the "right" of the home screen. On my MAXX I had screens both the left and right.

I installed K-9 mail and that took care of the email issue. I installed Nova launcher and now I FREAKING LOVE THIS PHONE!!!

I still need to put a back case on the phone but that is a minor detail. This is a truly awesome phone - and remember, I loved the MAXX.

Note: I put a 200 GB microSD card in the Turbo 2. I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room yesterday watching Minions in full HD. It looked and played great. When I got called in to see the doctor it was paused and he asked me about it. I think he's probably going to switch to the Turbo 2.
    Haha I'm still liking the phone, I highly recommend the incipio case from Verizon and the glass screen protector. IMHO the case makes the phone feel perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-08-2016 11:03 PM
    Haha I'm still liking the phone, I highly recommend the incipio case from Verizon and the glass screen protector. IMHO the case makes the phone feel perfect.

I've seen a few reviews that say the glass screen doesn't stick on the Turbo 2. It's been conjectured that it has to do with the plastic surface of the actual screen. Have you had any issues with this?
    01-10-2016 03:34 PM
    I tried 2 glass covers and cannot recommend them for the Turbo 2. I was meticulous in the cleaning but to no avail.
    01-10-2016 03:38 PM
    I've had mine on since November 15 and haven't had any issues. I can't even tell it's there to be honest. A Verizon employee placed it on the screen and its been good since

01-10-2016 11:11 PM
    I've heard the non-Verizon tempered glass protectors don't work on the Turbo 2 because the screen is ever so slightly curved. Not as much as the LG G4, but same concept.
    01-13-2016 08:53 PM
    I've got a glass screen protector on mine and its perfect, you would not be able to tell its even on it.
    01-15-2016 12:23 AM
    I've got a glass screen protector on mine and its perfect, you would not be able to tell its even on it.
    Which one? Since some people can't get theirs to stick it would be nice to know the exact brand, etc. of the one that does seem to work properly.
    01-15-2016 11:39 AM
    The Verizon glass screen protector is great!
    01-15-2016 11:48 AM
    The Verizon glass screen protector is great!
    Customer reviews on the Verizon site don't agree. 2 say it's great and the other 2 say it doesn't stick.

Verizon Flexible Glass Screen Protector for DROID Turbo 2 - Verizon Wireless
    01-15-2016 02:04 PM
    Ok well mine sticks.
    01-15-2016 03:23 PM
    Ok well mine sticks.
    It seems to be hit and miss no matter which brand is chosen or who puts it in place. I may take the chance on a glass screen protector. I wonder if I have Verizon or Best Buy do the install if I can return the thing if it doesn't stay in place properly. That way they couldn't say I screwed it up.
    01-15-2016 05:04 PM
    Which one? Since some people can't get theirs to stick it would be nice to know the exact brand, etc. of the one that does seem to work properly.
    I believe it's just the verizion screen protector, they installed it at the verizion store.
    01-15-2016 10:26 PM
    I believe it's just the verizion screen protector, they installed it at the verizion store.
    Yep the one from the Verizon store is working great for me.

01-15-2016 10:45 PM
    Yep the one from the Verizon store is working great for me.

Me too. Seems to be the only one that works. I just wish it was tempered glass instead of flexible glass. Feels different to me.
    01-16-2016 07:15 AM
    Another thumbs up here for the Verizon tempered glass protector. We have 3 Turbo 2's, and had the glass installed at a Verizon corp store before even using the phones. I can attest to the protector being pretty much perfect. Every bit as slick and smooth as a regular glass phone screen. Touch sensitivity not affected. Cutouts perfect. Adheres perfectly. Highly recommended.
    01-17-2016 07:04 AM
    Ditto!
    01-17-2016 07:19 AM
    Did Verizon charge to install the item?
    01-17-2016 12:08 PM
    Did Verizon charge to install the item?
    Nope

01-17-2016 01:16 PM
46 12