How can I fix a voice issue on my Droid Turbo 2?

Gejp

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I just got my Droid Turbo 2 two weeks ago. I have the exact same issue of the outgoing Mike does not work well on voice calls. Most calls cannot hear me but I can hear them.
Verizon and Motorola have not been helpful!!!!!

Last edited:

Gejp

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same trouble with my Droid Turbo 2. I have had the phone for three weeks. I read somewhere that the noice cancelling feature was causing the problem. So I went to phone app then clicked on the three dots upper right the call settings and unchecked noice cancelling and the phone has worked great for last three days. Everyone that could not hear me are now saying I'm load and clear. I hope this helps.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Voice issue Droid Turbo 2

My wife has had the same problem with two DT2s AND a DROID MAXX she has before that. VERY frustrating as I have to constantly tell her that I cannot hear her. I also have a DT2 but she's never had a problem hearing me. Weird. Exact same settings on both phones. Different third party apps, though.

Pnjco

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I'm in CT and having same problem with my phone. Need to figure this out just got it last week. If this is a glitch in the Turbo 2 will have to get an LG.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in CT and having same problem with my phone. Need to figure this out just got it last week. If this is a glitch in the Turbo 2 will have to get an LG.

As suggested above, this could be due to a problem with noise cancellation. There are several microphones on the Turbo 2 besides where you think, and if (say) you have a case that covers any of the other microphones, it can cause this issue.

Another issue could be Advanced Calling (VoLTE) if you have that feature turned on. On two different phones, I've had issues where people could not hear me when I had that turned on, so now I only use it when I am traveling on highways, where I can be more certain of good LTE coverage and when I want to use data for driving directions using Google Maps. (Advanced Calling allows simultaneous voice and data over LTE. Otherwise, when you are on a call, you can only access data within apps when you have WiFi.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non