Green on line Turbo 2.

pyrowaves2

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
After having the phone for a wek a green line appeared on the screen. I went to the Verizon store to get it checked out and they said they have seen 3 or 4 of them doing this already but can't help me because I got my phone through the motorola ordering system. Even thoguh this was done in the store!

They gave me Motorola's number and said to call them. I call them today and have been through about 5 or 6 people over 4 different calls. Three of which dropped mysteriously when I asked for a supervisor. The problem is that Motorola wants me to send the device back to them, and wait over 5 days without a phone OR charge me 25 dollars to get a phone sent to me before hand. I've have this phone less than two weeks and this is the service I get?

Currently I've talked to two supervisors, been bumped to level two service as well as went on to level two escalation after that. Once speaking with 'Renaldo' in Level two escalation, The computer systems aren't working and he has to call me back.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've seen it on other websites but not this one. I wonder if I would have better luck with Verizon's phone support.Any advice?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
After having the phone for a wek a green line appeared on the screen. I went to the Verizon store to get it checked out and they said they have seen 3 or 4 of them doing this already but can't help me because I got my phone through the motorola ordering system. Even thoguh this was done in the store!

They gave me Motorola's number and said to call them. I call them today and have been through about 5 or 6 people over 4 different calls. Three of which dropped mysteriously when I asked for a supervisor. The problem is that Motorola wants me to send the device back to them, and wait over 5 days without a phone OR charge me 25 dollars to get a phone sent to me before hand. I've have this phone less than two weeks and this is the service I get?

Currently I've talked to two supervisors, been bumped to level two service as well as went on to level two escalation after that. Once speaking with 'Renaldo' in Level two escalation, The computer systems aren't working and he has to call me back.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've seen it on other websites but not this one. I wonder if I would have better luck with Verizon's phone support.Any advice?
And the phone Motorola will send you is going to be a refurbished phone. I've been through this. It took me almost three days to get a defective phone replaced.

David Beverly

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I had the same green line after 2 days. I ordered my phone through the Verizon website, and when I called them they emailed me a voucher to go to the motorola website to order another phone while still using my original phone. I just received the new phone yesterday, relatively pain free. Hopefully it doesn't develop the same green line on the display.

wpn00b

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
but can't help me because I got my phone through the motorola ordering system. Even thoguh this was done in the store!...

I've have this phone less than two weeks and this is the service I get?

The reason you would have to go through Motorola is to have your device customized if it needs to be replaced. Did you use MotoMaker? If you chose the non MotoMaker version then it could be replaced through Verizon. I assume that's why you are being told to go through Moto.

Verizon phone support will either tell you to go through Moto again, or may possibly send you a non customized, refurb device, forfeiting the MotoMaker option. Don't quote me on that, just a hunch.

JD13x2

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine from vz website as they didn't have the one I wanted in the store.
2 weeks later the green line appeared in the same location.
Brought back to vz they sent me another one. I was using an Otterbox case but, haven't since receiving the replacement.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I got a blue line on my moto g a while ago. I had to get it replaced too. Moto are obviously cutting corners.

Posted via the Android Central App
Edit: I posted this while half asleep. Please excuse the horrendous English.

Last edited:

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
this is why i only buy from bestbuy . to much run around with verizon

How so? Every phone i have had to get a warranty replacement with i have called verizon and they overnight me a replacement. 3 galaxy nexus's and a s6 edge that had a bad front camera.

Unless you got it from the moto maker there is no reason Verizon would not send you out a phone. The overnight them at no charge and will even do a Sat. delivery but they do charge $25 for the sat. delivery.

Verizons support has always been top notch. When you call you need to get thought to a level 2 tech. Tell the first person you talked to. You did asoftreset,hard reset multiple times phone is fully upto date. They will get on with a levle 2 tech and that person will talk to you can see its a problem and send you out a replacement. Atr the most about 15 min on the phone.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You'll be better off buying from a corporate store instead of third party.

Posted via the Android Central App

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How so? Every phone i have had to get a warranty replacement with i have called verizon and they overnight me a replacement. 3 galaxy nexus's and a s6 edge that had a bad front camera.

Unless you got it from the moto maker there is no reason Verizon would not send you out a phone. The overnight them at no charge and will even do a Sat. delivery but they do charge $25 for the sat. delivery.

Verizons support has always been top notch. When you call you need to get thought to a level 2 tech. Tell the first person you talked to. You did asoftreset,hard reset multiple times phone is fully upto date. They will get on with a levle 2 tech and that person will talk to you can see its a problem and send you out a replacement. Atr the most about 15 min on the phone.

oh i agree ive always had great luck getting replacement devices by calling in . but it only took one time for the device i sent back to become lost in the mail and me having to pay full retail price for a refurb to break me from the habit. i argued and fussed and cussed but to no avail .i still ended up paying full retail for a bad refurb they sent to me in the first place. plus i get up to 45 days to try out a phone with best buy. as long as i dont damage it i get all money back with no restocking fee.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
oh i agree ive always had great luck getting replacement devices by calling in . but it only took one time for the device i sent back to become lost in the mail and me having to pay full retail price for a refurb to break me from the habit. i argued and fussed and cussed but to no avail .i still ended up paying full retail for a bad refurb they sent to me in the first place. plus i get up to 45 days to try out a phone with best buy. as long as i dont damage it i get all money back with no restocking fee.

You know they are insured? You just go to ups file a claim and send them the number.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the very same problem after a few months with mine. I got a replacement no problem. I saw a few reports about it. But now it seems like there are more and I'm worried its just going to keep happening.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You know they are insured? You just go to ups file a claim and send them the number.

at that time they were using fed ex. and i of course lost my receipt . i didnt so much mind having to pay . it was the having to pay full 650.00 retail for a REFURB that i felt was unfair . i came really close to moving my 7 lines of service to another carrier. but of course verizon has by far the best service in my area and i use my phone to run my business so i just stick it out.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
GAH! Hope I don't run into this. Bought my phone at Costco. Hopefully it will be hassle free if I do develop this issue.

Fear the Cubans

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Just an update: I had the Employee Edition Turbo 2 with a red pixel line going down the left side of the screen. The red line would come and go (which was odd), but a factory reset didn't help. Since the phone was technically made through MotoMaker, Verizon wouldn't ship me a replacement and directed me to Motorola. Motorola covered the phone under warranty, but gave me 2 options: send my phone in and they will repair and send back for no charge, or they would send me one first, and I would send mine back afterwards for a $25 "service fee".

I elected to go the route where they sent me a phone. After asking the Motorola rep 3 times if I would get the SAME EXACT Employee Edition phone, which he said yes to every time...I got an email with a MotoMaker redemption code to go online and build my own. I was disappointed because if anyone has seen the Employee Edition, it comes with options not available through MotoMaker. Oh well, at least I was able to get a BRAND NEW phone rather than a refurbished. Did the black/grey, with black ballistic nylon back, and blue accents.

Oh, and Verizon wouldn't credit me the $25 charge because I "chose" to go that route for a replacement phone...

I did enjoy having Marshmallow on my Turbo 2 though....

Fear the Cubans

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I say I got the Marshmallow update in early December. For the most part, it worked well. It's annoying at first because Marshmallow allows you to deny specific permissions for apps, so the first time you utilize anything for the first time (uploading a picture to Facebook - have to allow Facebook access to the Gallery; Skype needs permission to the microphone and camera...etc). So a lot of pop ups that you have to allow.

The only real issue I had was the Quiet Hours. I have young kids, and when I'm trying to put them to bed, I'd put my phone on silent. The phone would always randomly turn itself out of silent, and an alert would come through. Happened almost 100% of the time, and master reset didn't fix it. But it was an early test release for that reason, so hopefully it gets fixed before the final release.

Screenshot_2015-12-11-14-12-14.jpgScreenshot_20151211-161838.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45