Touchscreen Unresponsive?

hukt_own_fonikz

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Long story short, I lost my phone on Saturday and when I found it, it was dry but I could see some moisture up under the front camera lens and it would not turn on. I left it in a bowl of rice overnight and now it will turn on, but it is not responding to touch commands at all.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Long story short, I lost my phone on Saturday and when I found it, it was dry but I could see some moisture up under the front camera lens and it would not turn on. I left it in a bowl of rice overnight and now it will turn on, but it is not responding to touch commands at all.

The digitizer flat cable probably shorted out

Posted via the Android Central App

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It can take more than a day to dry out a phone. Unfortunately we don't have a way of opening our Turbo 2's to expose the innards, so it may take significantly longer.

In the past, I've rescued a few iPhones that wound up submerged. First thing I learned was that rice works better as a desiccant if you dry it out thoroughly first. Even though it may feel dry to the touch, when it's in the box or bag on a shelf in your kitchen, it is at the same ambient humidity as the room it's been sitting in. If you spread out a couple of cups of dry rice in a baking dish and let it sit in an oven at 250 degrees (F) for half an hour, it will wind up with less moisture content, and be a more effective desiccant for your phone. If you don't use the rice for a day or two, I would go through the drying out process with it again.

When you embed the phone in the rice, it can be warm - but clearly should not be HOT.

In my experience, phones that others through were totally dead due to being submerged have come back to life after about 3 days of being buried in rice heated and "super-dried" this way.

Jon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310