Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I put a SD in my droid turbo 2 and i have NO options to save pictures from chrome or Facebook to it, only camera pictures.
Do i have to manually move a picture i downloaded from internal storage to sd storage every time??

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Unfortunately, downloads to SD Card depend on the app's settings. In the case of Chrome and Facebook, they don't have an option to change the default download location (so you can't point it to an SD Card folder). Some apps do, like Spotify, for instance.

krs123

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The issue I have with mine is I can't see the files on the card when connected to my PC. Video or pictures. I can see the card and it gives me the option of viewing the card but there are no files showing. I can go into ASTRO file manager and see them... Just not on PC with usb cable.
I have tried all of the obvious fixes. Any advice?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The issue I have with mine is I can't see the files on the card when connected to my PC. Video or pictures. I can see the card and it gives me the option of viewing the card but there are no files showing. I can go into ASTRO file manager and see them... Just not on PC with usb cable.
I have tried all of the obvious fixes. Any advice?

I noticed this started with Marshmallow. I added a folder from my PC and can see that. My workaround right now is to dump files into my new folder and then deal with them from an Android Explorer app. I'd like to be able to get my files out without having to copy them to this new folder, so anyone who knows the answer?

krs123

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Same here... Started with Marshmallow. If I have a large video or multiple picture files then it is a lot quicker to just hook up the usb cable and copy to my PC if I want to save them or view on the monitor. Never had an issue in the past.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did a lot of reading on this and it looks like when Marshmallow renamed our SD cards, it "forgot" our files.
The described fix is to power down, remove SD, power up, power down, reinsert SD, power up and wait for Android to discover files.
If you have a lot of files, this might take a while.
One person said you may have to do this a couple of times.
One person said wipe cache partition while SD is out of phone.

Will try this possibly as soon as this weekend.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am confirming that the above fix worked for me!
I shut down, removed the SD card, Started up, and poked around a little in Android Explorer.
Then I shut down, reinstalled the SD, started back up and let the phone think a few hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87