Control Spotify using Android Headphone controls

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased the Bose Soundlink headphones for Android -- the ones for sports. They are wired

It has 3 controls on the headset -- Play/Pause/Skip, and volume controls.

For a week or 10 days or so they worked fine. Yesterday I used the volume control on the headphones and all kinds of weirdness happened. Static, the volume on the phone kept going up and down, some funny icon in the Status bar appeared -- looked like a phone surrounded by a couple of parenthesis, alarm notifications started flashing, etc.

Restarting the phone didn't fix everything. I finally hit the down volume and started working again but then all the weirdness started again. I tried another pair of headphones which don't support the volume controls but does support play/pause. They worked fine.

I suppose it's possible my Bose are defective. It is kind of intermittent and just started.

Any idea??? And what the heck is the weird icon in the status bar??? I tried looking up the icon but couldn't find anything.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The wiring and/or buttons in your headphone controller have gone bad. I have had the exact same thing happen with other headsets.

Demand a replacement; for the cost of Bose products, you shouldn't have to deal with this sort of problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87