cannot text or post without minimizing anymore?

newjeffct

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi there - I'm new here. I got a new Droid Turbo 2 last year and have liked it quite a bit so far. However, today, for some reason, whenever I'm trying to send a text, post to Facebook or Twitter or do something similar, I need to minimize the onscreen keyboard before I can post. I hit the little arrow and nothing happens. It's a real pain, but I normally just type and then post, and then maybe move on to the next message or tweet or whatever.

Did I mistakenly change a setting that I can't seem to figure out? If so, how do I fix it?

So far, I've turned the phone completely on & off a few time and that has not helped. The problem persists.

I would prefer not to do a hard reset back to the factory settings, as I have some work software on there and I would to get approvals to get a new activation code when I re-install the software. However, if I have to do it, then I will

Thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Another idea is to go into settings / apps, find and tap Google Keyboard,and tap the button "uninstall updates". Then go into the Play Store to update the app again and see if that fixes the problem.

newjeffct

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

newjeffct

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Javier P, one of our other Ambassadors suggested to me that this might be related to the annoying Screen Overlay issue that has been plaguing mostly Samsung devices on Marshmallow (but isn't exclusive to Samsung). See if anything here helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...often-some-apps-what-how-properly-select.html

The problem is, I don't get any popups or overlays that take me elsewhere, AFAIK. It just randomly starts happening and seems to involve every app. After the second time I cleared the cache partition (yesterday morning), I was fine until lunch time today.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem is, I don't get any popups or overlays that take me elsewhere, AFAIK. It just randomly starts happening and seems to involve every app. After the second time I cleared the cache partition (yesterday morning), I was fine until lunch time today.

It may still be worth going through those threads and seeing if you have any of the potential culprit apps installed. Then see what happens if you temporarily uninstall them.

newjeffct

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
It may still be worth going through those threads and seeing if you have any of the potential culprit apps installed. Then see what happens if you temporarily uninstall them.

Thanks - I'll check try uninstalling and installing other apps. but, unless it was a recent update, I don't think I've installed any new apps in weeks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just go to Settings>About Phone>Android Version​. If it's 6.0 or higher, it's Marshmallow.

newjeffct

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea on Marshmellow. I'll have to figure out how to check that in the morning. I did the clear cache partition this afternoon, though, and nothing happened.

weirdly, I did the clear cache partition again last night and it worked, but I seem to have lost all of my "auto fill" data in the process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo