Wifi disconnects and won't reconnect without reboot?

kerneldeadpixel

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo 2 running Marshmallow. Whenever I'm on wifi it will randomly disconnect and I won't be able to reconnect. I can't even turn off wifi when this happens. The slider in settings can be switched to off but the little icon in the slide down quick settings display still shows wifi is on but there's no wifi icon in the status bar and no internet connection. And when I go back to the slider for wifi, it shows it's on. The only way for this to be (temporarily) fixed is to reboot the phone. It will work for some time usually but today it actually stopped working almost immediately after reboot and connection to wifi. It has happened on multiple wifi locations. Also, 4G internet still works and I've never noticed a similar issue with it.

There is another issue I've noticed and not sure if it is connected. Sometimes if I go to the slide down quick settings, the flashlight icon will not be there at all. If I reboot, it will be back. This happens much less often than the wifi issue and usually when wifi stops working, the flashlight icon is still there and works.

I'm at a loss for what is causing this. If anyone has any suggestions/solutions, please help. It is getting very annoying having to use up my data or reboot my phone multiple times a day...

kerneldeadpixel

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've already looked through there before and most of the stuff doesn't apply due to having to do with the wifi signal. But just to make sure, I have followed each with no fix. The problem lies in the phone itself and none of the settings mentioned there have helped. Also, I can always see networks that are available when this happens, but when trying to reconnect to one it will say connecting very briefly and then go back to the unconnected state. When I reboot, it will auto-connect to my wifi and I can disconnect reconnect usually without any problems at first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo