24.31.22 Update

smertz092

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I just got the update yesterday. Installed it right away after I had already read through this post. Since the update, my phone screen freezes on the lock screen at least once per hour and I have to constantly turn it off and on just to get it to work. There is literally no change in anything else with my phone, just that the update has royally messed it up.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
+1 that this update amazingly seems to have fixed system lag that had been getting excruciatingly bad, esp since Marshmallow. My poor battery life (2.5 hrs SOT) also feels possibly improved, but that may be wishful thinking.

Lag had gotten so bad, requiring almost daily reboots, that I was about to ditch DT2, esp after disappointing perf and battery from the beginning, little/no improvement vs my previous Droid Maxx.

Now, I'm feeling DT2 may still be the best device out there for me, even vs the new Droids, due to wireless charging and water protection. And, still love the pebbled leather and Moto actions and voice.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
+1 that this update amazingly seems to have fixed system lag that had been getting excruciatingly bad, esp since Marshmallow. My poor battery life (2.5 hrs SOT) also feels possibly improved, but that may be wishful thinking.

Lag had gotten so bad, requiring almost daily reboots, that I was about to ditch DT2, esp after disappointing perf and battery from the beginning, little/no improvement vs my previous Droid Maxx.

Now, I'm feeling DT2 may still be the best device out there for me, even vs the new Droids, due to wireless charging and water protection. And, still love the pebbled leather and Moto actions and voice.

The update has definitely made the phone much zippier and it seems to not heat up nearly as much. I still experience odd glitches, but it is by far the best update we have received. Nothing will ever make up for the not-up-to-flagship camera that the phone has always lacked, but I knew that before I purchased the phone.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Kind of annoying problem I have had so far is if I restart my phone it will forget my Bluetooth devices. Don't know what that's about but it's usually not that big of deal.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Kind of annoying problem I have had so far is if I restart my phone it will forget my Bluetooth devices. Don't know what that's about but it's usually not that big of deal.

I'm not a big use of bluetooth, however, as a rule I have had that problem with every device I have ever owned. Perhaps some year, someone will really figure out bluetooth....

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Odd, for the first time ever, I had two calls mute me yesterday...ended up restarting the phone. Time will tell...don't know if it's related to latest update or not.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I was part of a soak test for this and was hoping they would send an update out to fix all the issues I was having. No such update was sent. Last night I was forced to factory reset. Thank god for Nova Launcher and it's feature to save your layout to Google Drive. Really hope this resolves the terrible battery discharge, random reboots, lag, hummmm what else is wrong with this TERRIBLE update.

Update- 24 hours later: Surprisingly it seems my battery "could" be better after factory reset. no lag and seems to run smoother overall. I'll report back after the weekend. Cautiously optimistic.

3-4 days later: Phone seems to be a lot better overall. Battery seems to have improved since factory reset and is still holding a better charge. I haven't had any issues at all. I'm glad I did the reset.

Last edited:

doby-nut

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow, same issue yesterday, got muted on two important calls at my office location which has always functioned fine, does "Are you there?" sound familiar?
Hope the bugs get worked out and an upgrade is forthcoming.
Have not experienced the lag or reboots or battery drain several have mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38