Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Who's picking one up on Thursday?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Curious how it compares to your S5 when you have time?

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
I'll be posting impressions tonight. I'm charged to 96% so I'll be full when I leave. The phone hit 110 degrees charging. Sheesh.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Was at the store at 10am. Took one look at the display unit and promptly exchanged the Note 4 I had with a Ballistic Nylon 64gb. The Note was just too big and I didn't realize how much the Touchwiz bothered me until I tried the Turbo. I think Motorola really did a good job with this one.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Was at the store at 10am. Took one look at the display unit and promptly exchanged the Note 4 I had with a Ballistic Nylon 64gb. The Note was just too big and I didn't realize how much the Touchwiz bothered me until I tried the Turbo. I think Motorola really did a good job with this one.

Let us know comparison to the Note 4 after you put Turbo thru the paces.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
So, I placed an order online for store pick-up, having a sales rep assist me through chat. She tells me that I have to pay full retail since I am not eligible for an upgrade until 02/2015. Not what I wanted to hear, but I really wanted this phone. Boom! I place the order expecting to pay $600+. I get to the VZW retail store and the rep there notifies me that my phone and accessories are ready...$199 plus tax, plus accessories! In full disbelief, I try to do the right thing, especially making sure they were not adding another line to my account. The rep says, nope, if you do this upgrade, we'll change your contract date to begin today and you get the $199 price. I re-sign the documents and I am out the door with an extra $400 that I was prepared to give up. This phone is nice! It will take me awhile to stop knocking on it like I did with my LG G2 though. Lol!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! Don't knock it till you try it :p

PS. I was pleasantly surprised that they waived my upgrade fee when I picked up in store this morning... The online order price included that fee. Verizon and Moto are knocking this launch outta the park!

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So, I placed an order online for store pick-up, having a sales rep assist me through chat. She tells me that I have to pay full retail since I am not eligible for an upgrade until 02/2015. Not what I wanted to hear, but I really wanted this phone. Boom! I place the order expecting to pay $600+. I get to the VZW retail store and the rep there notifies me that my phone and accessories are ready...$199 plus tax, plus accessories! In full disbelief, I try to do the right thing, especially making sure they were not adding another line to my account. The rep says, nope, if you do this upgrade, we'll change your contract date to begin today and you get the $199 price. I re-sign the documents and I am out the door with an extra $400 that I was prepared to give up. This phone is nice! It will take me awhile to stop knocking on it like I did with my LG G2 though. Lol!

This isn't possible. I've been on this site for years and have been told that Verizon is the most evil company ever and would never do anything to actually help their customers /s

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, look fwd to that. That is pretty hot!

It definitely is. My battery stats will take effect from 90% although I've been using it since 100%. I had to download a firmware update which wiped the battery cache so any images I post later will reflect this.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This isn't possible. I've been on this site for years and have been told that Verizon is the most evil company ever and would never do anything to actually help their customers /s

Go figure.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Maybe he walked into a Bizarro Verizon Store?

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who's picking one up on Thursday?

Got my Black Ballistic Nylon, 64 GB one at 12 noon thursday. I am visiting Las Vegas and went to a VZW store. All the folks were good and had good knowledge about the phone. Sweet will post some pics from nite time in Vegas First Impressions are very good. This device is a beast fast smooth so far has handled every thing i have thrown at it. Battery life will have to have some time to tell how it holds up. Screen is really nice. No VZW logo on the back just the word Droid and a small red stripe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87