Who's returning the Flip?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can get past the battery life, it's more of what will I do with it as a 2nd phone. Swapping SIM cards in and out doesn't seem appealing and I really don't want to pay for an additional line on my plan. I'm caught in that tech geek want the latest gadget, but having trouble justifying it. And then there's my wife giving me the side eyes when I talk about it...
Gotcha lol.. well thats something you'll have to decide whats best for you and understand :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Coming from the Note 10 plus I thought I'd struggle to get used to this phone. But now I've had it around 10 days I'm so happy with it. Once you play around, mess around with some of the settings that help with battery life etc, it's becomes just like any other phones except it folds. Mine is now running amazingly. The battery life is not a problem anymore, it's lasts all day now. My screen is set up like my note and when open, the phone feels pretty much the same. The speakers are just insane, so loud. I'm definitely happy with this one and know it will do for the next year or so easily. The folding action just doesn't get boring at all. If anyone is undecided whether to send back, I'd advise to give it about a week. The battery is an issue for the first few days but does improve.
That's great to hear that you not only adjusted to the Flip, but you're actually enjoying it as well. I can't speak for the Flip because I opted for the Fold, but I'm enjoying the transition to the Fold.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I think once you've set it up and as someone else mentioned, it's the flip/fold aspect of these phones that appeals the most. There are definitely some shortcomings but most can be overcome fairly easily. I feel this phone took a little longer to refine than my past models due to that battery consumption. But I'm now happy with it. But the folding action....yeah, that just doesn't get old...

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This is a placeholder since Samsung didn't release the Note 21 this year.

Even though, I find it unnecessary it's enough to keep until Note 22 comes out.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten one yet myself. I'm very interested though. I love to compact nature of it when closed. I really don't like the large slab in my pocket when carrying it. My main concern will be with the screen strength and cracking problem of the previous phone. I'm also going to wait till the price starts going down without the need to trade-in.

dr_ml422

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
They would of had a potential faithful customer, though for obvious reasons associated with my present A50, I cancelled my order. It had the leather case, wireless charger, and fast charger as a free $150.00 promotion. Until I get things rectified if at all, I'm done with Samsung for now. I was mesmerized by the almost platinum color and the hype, and yes Flip was the thing back then, and that got me to bite on the presale offer. Well after realizing they tried to deceive me with a different IMEI A50 all bets were off. I too thought about the future resell and trade in value. It's up to them now. If I don't get my situation resolved I'm done. The S21 right now is their biggest success story for obvious reasons. Let's see what happens.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Clearly everyone has their own reasons for returning a phone. I've returned a lot of phones after trying them out and just not liking it for whatever reason. The reason someone doesn't like something, might be the very reason why you like it for.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The biggest reason for returning would be the battery life, but I purchased phone knowing that it wouldn't have the best battery life. Also it's not my main device. Other than that it's been good.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The biggest reason for returning would be the battery life, but I purchased phone knowing that it wouldn't have the best battery life. Also it's not my main device. Other than that it's been good.
I think lot of things will get addressed once it receives its first update or 2

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm getting 12 plus hours out of mine. That's pretty good

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm not getting all the battery complaints. Mine is on par with the smaller S21, which isn't the best, but isn't bad at all.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine easily got 14 hours yesterday. I suspect that some people may be using it like super-power users constant streaming audio/video, lots of social media/etc. IDK. I have IG on mine but that's it. I don't think this phone is a good fit for those super-power users. I think it's an excellent fit for those of us that want to step back from our phones more and get our lives back.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Decided to return mine. Once the novelty wore off, I decided I couldn't live with the compromises even as a second phone. The outer display is just useless since notifications can't be interacted with which makes it super annoying to have to open the phone to respond to every text, email or social media ping. that means leaving the phone open all the time but it just seems so flimsy and cheap with the plastic screen protector that accumulates fingerprints and smudges at a record pace. battery life was atrocious and without quick charge just not practical as a daily driver. the S21 ultra is really the perfect phone for me.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I found this interesting.

Called my local AT&T store to see if they have any in stock.

They do, but the gentleman on the phone said that he'd like to provide me with some information before I potentially waste my time, and maybe buy a phone that I'll quickly return.

This is the most returned phone they've ever had... he gave me several reasons customers are citing, but the most common one, mentioned by the two returns he had today even... battery life.

Frankly, I'm a "Research-O-Holic," and tend to know more about anything I'm buying, (cars, 'puters, phones, etc.), than those who sell the items... so I was able to cite to him... I had said, "Let me guess..." before he could give me the reasons... and I called out every one, which gave him a chuckle, lol.

I've been working from home for over a year now, and am now a permanently remote.

So I use my tablet for everything for which I used to use my phone, including texting thanks to an app called MightyText.

Not only do I rarely use it... but I'm never far from a power source, so I don't give a tinker's damn about the battery. My car even has wireless charging, so easy peasy to keep it charged.

The only time I use my phone is for calls, and going out. Frankly, I by no means need anything close to my current Note 10+, lol.

I do however want to be able to put a small form factor phone in my pocket, and leave it there when I sit down.

That is my biggest, current, desire for a phone.

So, I highly doubt that I'd return it, but I found the fact that the AT&T store rep was cautioning me, lol.

"I'd love to sell you this phone, and will do so gladly, but I'd like to give you some information first..." :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12