Global variant of Droid Turbo to be announced Nov 5th?

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I think the only safe answer at this point is we can assume that their will be a GSM version of the device shown by Motorola. I'm guessing that the Brazilian leak happened sooner than expected. You will probably see some adoption of the device stateside, but I don't think anyone can be sure for now. I think most GSM devices can be unlocked to run on AT&T or TMo, but unless adopted by the specific carrier you might be missing some carrier specific features (i.e. WiFi calling, etc..). Again, I'm sure more information will come out soon enough, but I really think this information got to folks before it was supposed .

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My question is, when they say "Global", does that mean only overseas or other U.S. carriers as well?

Rob

Just a guess on my part: verizon's exclusive contract for the Droids probably prevents Motorola from selling a device with the same specs and software to other us carriers. Just like the old days, when Motorola was selling "Milestone" branded versions of the Droids internationally.

But, who knows, and we'll see eventually, right? And an unlocked international phone brought to the us will work on T-Mobile and att...