Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

Sarah Thrash

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The fraying, as explained in other posts, is inherent to the cutting of the fabric. I am willing to bet 99 out of 100 Turbos have some frayed edge in any one of numerous places on the phone. Ballistic nylon is a strong fabric that can hold up to quite a high level of abuse. The fraying should not get worse nor spread.

If the frayed edges bug you that much, you can probably heat the tip of a pin and melt it down/off, but I don't think it is worth the trouble.

It's fabric. fabric never stays perfect n doesn't always come perfect...Thats just common sense (not directing this towards anyone..) I have the nylon one too.....no fraying but wouldn't care anyway.....Thats what cases are for... Lmao

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I think my Turbo committed suicide yesterday. I was reading an article and the screen split in half (vertically) and the right side started scrolling out of control. After a couple minutes the phone shut down and tried to reboot but the screen was still split and it couldn't (or wouldn't reboot). It continued to try to reboot every 60 seconds until the battery finally died. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Hmm, yeah, could be a defect but hard to know without diagnostics. Did you take the software upgrade and do you have third party apps on the phone?

Here's one diagnostic you can try, if not already done:

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/102360/p/30,6720,9277

kalytn

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The only issue that's been bugging me is it won't stay connected to one of my Bluetooth headsets. It will stay connected just fine to my Motorola S305 headset but with my Kinivo BTH240, it drops it and the headset goes to sleep. It's like it doesn't keep communicating the "still there?" between the devices. If I turn music on, it will stay connected, but not if it's not actively doing anything. Both headsets worked great on my Note 2 just a small annoyance now.

Oh, I also wish they would allow us to decrease the sensitivity on the sensors as where I have my car stand every time I move my hand, or the steering wheel, the display turns on.

ZONGMAN

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
4g connection but sometimes get error saying "text failed", the struggle is real!

Using textra

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I think my Turbo committed suicide yesterday. I was reading an article and the screen split in half (vertically) and the right side started scrolling out of control. After a couple minutes the phone shut down and tried to reboot but the screen was still split and it couldn't (or wouldn't reboot). It continued to try to reboot every 60 seconds until the battery finally died. Anyone seen anything like this before?

I've seen strange screen issues while Turbo Charging and using the display at the same time. Almost like the screen is being affected and distorted by the high current coming from the Turbo Charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mozas

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I like to use the Press Power Button to end call feature found in the Accessibility settings. However, when i'm on a call and the screen display times out and goes black I can't figure out a way to turn the screen on without hitting the power button, which ends the call. I tried pressing the volume buttons to turn the display on while on a call, but nothing happens.

It's no problem so long as the screen doesn't time out, because the display comes on when you pull the phone away from your ear. But if the screen display times out you cannot turn the display back on without ending the call.

Sorry if this is a repost.

Tiffany Tippen

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes that is how you take a screen shot with the turbo.
The only thing I have found is when you push the home button while in an app it goes back to the previous screen and you have to push again to get to home screen. I also can't find HD calling that is supposed to be on the phone. I had it working on the MAXX>

My phone does absolutely nothing when I hit my home button :( I thought I could just go into my settings and change my home buttons preferences but I can't seem to find any of those options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 64 GB droid turbo

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
does anyone know of any volume booster apps for the turbo?i have went thru 10 at least and not a single one works .I had volume + on my razr maxx but I upgraded to the turbo and it does not work .the dev said there was nothing he could do to allow it to work.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone does absolutely nothing when I hit my home button :( I thought I could just go into my settings and change my home buttons preferences but I can't seem to find any of those options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 64 GB droid turbo
If you are talking about double tapping the home button to open a specific app that is under accessibility. I use it as a shortcut to the camera. Not sure if thats what you meant or not.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the Droid Turbo Nylon Stockings 64 gb version. After reading this, I started pressing on the back on that nylon material and it does make a little sound. I don't think it's an issue. I think it's just the type of material. It has a little "give" if you press hard on it, but doesn't seem like it will separate or crack. I always roll with a case so it's a complete non issue for me. I highly doubt this will ruin anyone's phone.

i had the issue with my turbo 64gb model and the back of my unit was also making click sounds when i press in on the back of the phone. i took my unit to a vzw store. the apologized for the issue and immediately grabbed a new one from the back. No problems so far with the new unit.

Richard R1

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: problems/quirks with your turbo.

On my second one. Had 1st one week then it start going to zero battery after 2 hours. I plug it in and 15 mins. later, full charge. . Now this one drains to zero in 15 mins. I plug it in, 1 to 2 mins later, it tells me it's fully charged. Nice, huh?

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

On my second one. Had 1st one week then it start going to zero battery after 2 hours. I plug it in and 15 mins. later, full charge. . Now this one drains to zero in 15 mins. I plug it in, 1 to 2 mins later, it tells me it's fully charged. Nice, huh?

That is strange. I haven't had any battery issues. I can kill it fast but I use the hell out if it. Like 8-10 hours screen time s day.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Google turned off Facebok sync to Android contacts in the Nexus program a couple of years ago because Facebook refused to allow FB contact data to be exported out of the phone. Apparently other OEMs figured out a workaround, but Motorola follows what Google decided with the Nexus program.

There are apps that allow Facebook contact sync - Ubersync or Sync.Me.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

2. No mhl support? I watched movies on my TV with the [redacted] app all the time connected with my mhl adapter. Now I can't?!? I've ordered a push2tv and the micro USB to HDMI cable off the Motorola website to try and find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

3. Maybe its just me but I always use the stock browser on the phone. This phone doesn't have one! Dolphin browser has been my best solution to date.

4. Anyone else have their screen start freaking out on them? Like just keeps going from home to the open apps screen and back all by itself?...

"2" I was initially perturbed by the lack of mhl, but then I realized, I never used it on my other phones or tablets despite having purchased multiple cable adapters and extensions. I got a killer deal on a Rocketfish Miracast video receiver from best buy earlier in the year $22.00). I think Amazon has them for $29 right now which isn't bad for a Miracast that works (Miracast used to be so flaky, but is getting better with maturity). The Rocketfish works with my Suface Pro 3 and Turbo, and with its small size doesn't really take up much more room than the videa adapters for mhl.

"3" Yeah, most phone have a browser that is not chrome that is their stock browser. Turbo has google as their stock browser. I don't hate, but I don't love it. I also feel like Firefox is a bit of space hog. I'm currently test CM Browser and Baidu Browser (http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo/457270-browsers.html#post4036726). So far, I like the lighter feel of CM. Read the other suggestions on that thread for an alternate browser you may like.

"4" I haven't had my whole screen freak out, but I have had sections display a gray rectangle in my photo browsing widget. I attribute it to a widget bug or incompatibility with the phone. It's random, and seldom, so I ignore it. That particular problem may resolvable via factory reset (I know, I hate those two words also).

(Edited OP's original post for brevity)

Edit: Amazon only has used version. Looks like the model I got was discontinued, thus the deal price.

Last edited by a moderator:

tsinvest

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more screen shot

I have the 64gb Ballistic Nylon and I notice a small amount of fraying around the camera. My phone is not in a case but I am very careful with it. I am concerned of what it will look like if it is already coming apart.

If the smooth back came in 64gb I would have gotten that and I prefer that back.

I did the opposite...I got the smooth back and settled for the 32 gigs...wish they made it in 64 because $50 extra is a good deal. I didn't want the BN because I could see future problems with it. I think for me the 32 model will ultimately be enough. The BN display model in the Verizon store had a gap between the casing and the lower screen and I couldn't help thinking it was due to the BN and the slight inconsistency that inherently comes with it.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like your battery meter is not calibrated to your battery. You might want to do this at night, while you sleep. Run your battery down to under 10%. Power it completely off. Connect your phone to your charger. Charge overnight. Turn on phone in the morning and see if problem is resolved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine's kind of buggy. My house is a bit of a dead zone but my HTC droid DNA had no trouble. Now I can't send texts to some people and it won't set up visual voice mail - oddly my last Motorola phone some five years ago had similar issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeera