Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

dirty durb

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
The "Unfortunately, system UI has stopped" prompt has appeared. Completed soft reboot.... nothing. Just loops directly back to the prompt. Same looping action occurs when I tap the "ok" tab located within the notification box. I've literally been trying frantically throughout the entire evening and have only accomplished...... navigating myself through sleeplessness! I cannot access anything, not one screen, cant even see a single icon, let alone get to my apps drawer for access to my settings icon. How can I even execute a factor reset if I can't get to a single command tab or app icon?
Please!,
I'm kinda an old fart & my tech savvy mimics that same description.
Can someone please bring me a bit of air freshener, save me!!!!

lacarlson

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Droid Turbo running Lollipop. Bluetooth connects to car audio fine. If I use voice command or place/receive a phone call when my music resumes it is choppy. Resolves after bluetooth disconnect/reconnect. This happened before the lollipop upgrade as well.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Turbo on yesterday. It's running 5.1. Might have something to do with Smart Lock but sometimes when I'm Smart Unlocked and I swipe to open the phone it redraws the entire home screen. Don't recall experiencing that when I'm locked. Is this common?

larissap112

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Motorola Droid Turbo (v. 1) Ballistic - I have a dead spot on the upper left hand corner of the screen, annoyingly right where a menu or "back" navigation button usually is in an app. I have confirmed this one spot is dead to the touch with a screen tester. When I turn my phone off and back on, it reactivates the spot for a time, then eventually it goes dead again. This phone is less than 2 weeks old...I just got my settings just the way I like them. :'(

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Droid Turbo (v. 1) Ballistic - I have a dead spot on the upper left hand corner of the screen, annoyingly right where a menu or "back" navigation button usually is in an app. I have confirmed this one spot is dead to the touch with a screen tester. When I turn my phone off and back on, it reactivates the spot for a time, then eventually it goes dead again. This phone is less than 2 weeks old...I just got my settings just the way I like them. :'(

It's not a problem with the phone. Go into the Facebook messenger app and open the settings and turn off the chat heads feature.

(And then go into the play store and give the messenger app a one star rating because of it's annoying chat heads feature turned on by default that blocks the back button in all other apps.)

larissap112

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
It's not a problem with the phone. Go into the Facebook messenger app and open the settings and turn off the chat heads feature.

(And then go into the play store and give the messenger app a one star rating because of it's annoying chat heads feature turned on by default that blocks the back button in all other apps.)

Seriously? Ok, I disabled the stupid bubble heads, and so far, I'm ok. I'll report back if that wasn't the cause of my symptoms after all. I'm so glad you replied before I did a factory reset for no reason. Ugh.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you stop the notification number from popping up on App icons?

I think you could disable the app "badger" (in settings, apps, go to "all", find badger and tap it and tap the "disable" button) and then restart the phone.

Another way is to chose a different launcher/home screen app from the play store, such as the Google Now launcher, and make that the default home screen.

ScottBolser

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
My turbo isn't waking after the screen times out. I have to hold down the power button for several seconds for it to respond. Sometimes it goes into rebooting but gets frozen on the droid screen. When it does start back up it intializes the apps. Flashlight, camera and sensors for moto display aren't working either. I've tried clearing the cache and that did nothing...

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My turbo isn't waking after the screen times out. I have to hold down the power button for several seconds for it to respond. Sometimes it goes into rebooting but gets frozen on the droid screen. When it does start back up it intializes the apps. Flashlight, camera and sensors for moto display aren't working either. I've tried clearing the cache and that did nothing...
If cache wipe doesn't work then factory reset is best.. After that if you pay Verizon for their insurance monthly call for a FRU

BBMM

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
When Advanced Calling is turned on 3/4 of my incoming phone calls are sent to my Voice Mail after ringing with no notification on my end. Also, aboit 1/2 of my outgoing calls are dropped as soon as someone picks up. HUGE issue for my productivity. HELP

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
When Advanced Calling is turned on 3/4 of my incoming phone calls are sent to my Voice Mail after ringing with no notification on my end. Also, aboit 1/2 of my outgoing calls are dropped as soon as someone picks up. HUGE issue for my productivity. HELP

Do you desperately need advanced calling? If you really do need simultaneous voice and data, you can add a mobile hotspot to your plan (if you're on one of the normal plans these days) for $10 a month using the same data pool and connect the phone to it using wifi. That way you can get voice and data without advanced calling.

happyhipster

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
My phone was working when I went to sleep, I set it on the table, and when I woke up, the three icons on the bottom were (and still are) lit up, and the phone is what appears to be powered off. It is completely unresponsive. It did not get wet or suffer a fall. Plugging it into power does nothing, nor does any combination of buttons I tried. The phone is about 4 months old.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone was working when I went to sleep, I set it on the table, and when I woke up, the three icons on the bottom were (and still are) lit up, and the phone is what appears to be powered off. It is completely unresponsive. It did not get wet or suffer a fall. Plugging it into power does nothing, nor does any combination of buttons I tried. The phone is about 4 months old.

Press and hold the power button until the phone restarts. It should be about 10 seconds, maybe a little longer.

FashionLove

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I finally figured out the fix for group text messages with the date December, 31, 1969 that will not delete.
Open settings > application manager > select each one of your messenger apps > clear data and clear cache > disable application > restart phone > open the one messenger app you want to use > set as default > erase all messages. They should never come back. If you have more than one messenger on your phone, do this with each application. You have to have the app set as your default to erase the messages so this works. Took me an hour but they're finally gone.

yishuai

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more - Speakers & Mic don't work during calls

My Moto Maxx 32gb doesn't allow me to have a phone conversation. When making or receiving calls, the speakers & mic doesn't seem to work. I can't hear anything, and they can't hear me on the other side either. The speakers and Mic seems to work for everything else that I know of, saying "OK GOOGLE" works, videos and music work, even making calls using whatsapp work like normal.

I tried pairing the device with bluetooth, and using a plugged in headset/mic with same results. No sound when making calls using the stock phone app, but calls are perfectly fine with whatsapp. Note that I have done hard reset, wiped everything clean and tried making calls as if the phone is fresh out of the box with the same results.

My best guest is that this is just a software bug/quirk/issue with the stock phone app. I even tried downloading a few phone dialer apps but they are merely "skins" that still depend on the stock phone to make and take calls - hence same result. Is there a phone dialer app that's fully independent of the stock phone dialer like how whatsapp works?

Has anyone had this issue and got it fixed? Anyone has any ideas what else i should try?

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more - Speakers & Mic don't work during calls

My Moto Maxx 32gb doesn't allow me to have a phone conversation. When making or receiving calls, the speakers & mic doesn't seem to work. I can't hear anything, and they can't hear me on the other side either. The speakers and Mic seems to work for everything else that I know of, saying "OK GOOGLE" works, videos and music work, even making calls using whatsapp work like normal.

I tried pairing the device with bluetooth, and using a plugged in headset/mic with same results. No sound when making calls using the stock phone app, but calls are perfectly fine with whatsapp. Note that I have done hard reset, wiped everything clean and tried making calls as if the phone is fresh out of the box with the same results.

My best guest is that this is just a software bug/quirk/issue with the stock phone app. I even tried downloading a few phone dialer apps but they are merely "skins" that still depend on the stock phone to make and take calls - hence same result. Is there a phone dialer app that's fully independent of the stock phone dialer like how whatsapp works?

Has anyone had this issue and got it fixed? Anyone has any ideas what else i should try?
This is a pretty major issue. If a rest doesn't fix it Verizon will tell you to reset the device. Sounds software related so reset will likely work.

PsychoticKendra_19

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I got a notification for a system update yesterday and I had a good wifi connection, so I clicked the button that said Install now. And it said shutting down. And when the phone shut down a screen with a little green robot and small words saying the battery thing. And then I turned it on and it said that the update deffered. So I tried again and the same thing happened, but when I turned it on it would keep shutting off with that same screen it repeated until it finally said "Update failed" So what should I do in order to get the update?