DROID TURBO: Cases

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
i ended up getting the speck case today, tried it out in the store, fits great and i didnt realize that the lines on the case werent just an ugly design and were rubberized for more grip, love the case so far
If you want a great holster that will fit the Speck Candyshell Grip case get the Seidio Dilex for the LG G3. It a near perfect fit. Actually it's just a smidge larger so I put a piece of tape in the bottom to take up an extra millimeter of space.

EDIT: Duh, when the Dilex holster comes out for the Turbo I expect that should fit the Speck case, but I know the G3 one does

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
zagato27:

You mention your Droid Turbo fits face-in within the leather holster for the Blackberry Z30. Are you talking about a Kevlar or Ballistic Nylon version of the phone? If you have a Kevlar then the BN version would be even tighter... Do you think the BN would fit, too...?

I can say the BN version will fit face in (do not put in into the holster face out otherwise you'll swear it will never come out) Z30 holster. But the caveat is the DT has to be nekkid when used with the holster.

zagato27

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
zagato27:

You mention your Droid Turbo fits face-in within the leather holster for the Blackberry Z30. Are you talking about a Kevlar or Ballistic Nylon version of the phone? If you have a Kevlar then the BN version would be even tighter... Do you think the BN would fit, too...?
I have the Kevlar back and it just glides in. As to the BN version, no idea. I'm waiting on a 2mm glass face and I hope that it will still fit. Not supposed to arrive until Jan but I'll post if it works. If the glass makes it too thick guess I'll just go nekked. I'm really liking this BB z30 case. It really protects the Turbo. Love the magnetic flap and the the way you can position the holster from vertical to horizontal to anything imbetween with the ratcheting clip.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
My Tudia Slim case for the BN shipped today.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Good news! It looks good except that I'm concerned that the lip around the front is too shallow to offer any buffer for the screen in case the phone is put down screen-first. Hope it works out well for you.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Good news! It looks good except that I'm concerned that the lip around the front is too shallow to offer any buffer for the screen in case the phone is put down screen-first. Hope it works out well for you.
I am planning to use Diztronic but its not available yet. If Tudia ends up being good, which it was last time I used one on a Note 3, I may pass on the Diztronic.

cactusleon

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
good to know, i asked the same question, never got an answer, but if they know it doesnt fit, why would they use a BN in the picture, makes no sense to me, or even state it?

themikeyan

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
my Aero in white came in yesterday, it fits the BN fine, no problem pressing the bottoms... the case itself is not the greatest case in the word, the silicon part is very "smushy" hence aiding the BN in fitting rather easily IMO.

I'll post some pics tonight when I get home

Mike

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I emailed the sellers of the Aero Armor case and I ended up receiving a response: It does NOT fit the BN Turbo

good to know, i asked the same question, never got an answer, but if they know it doesnt fit, why would they use a BN in the picture, makes no sense to me, or even state it?

my Aero in white came in yesterday, it fits the BN fine, no problem pressing the bottoms... the case itself is not the greatest case in the word, the silicon part is very "smushy" hence aiding the BN in fitting rather easily IMO.

I also emailed them and haven't received a response yet. So interesting, I've certainly experienced the reverse, where a company says that it fits the BN but actually doesn't - haven't seen one say no, then it fits, ha.

That's great news, it looks like a nice case. So, you don't feel that the fit is extra tight and adding undue pressure to the back, or anywhere else for that matter?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I'll post some pics tonight when I get home

Mike

Interested to see them.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought the 32GB Blue BN from Best Buy today and can't wait to really get into my Turbo. I just picked up this PureGear case on eBay. There was also a clear one for about $21, but I think the black lip looks better. It seems to be a rubber bumper with a clear back to show off the blue nylon. I just hope it isn't too slippery, because the raw feel of the stock backing is pure awesomeness.

this one looks nice, let us know how it is and how it fits the BN

Yep, I'm interested in hearing how you like it as well.

Sorry I took so long. Just got back from vacation and the Puregear case was in the mailbox. It fits the BN like a glove. It's a hard plastic that's totally clear on the back with a black border all around. Nice rubber buttons that are almost too sensitive. To help avoid scratches on the back, it has three tiny nubs to keep it from directly laying on a flat surface. After a day of use, though, I still see some minor blemishes on the back. Here's a couple of pics.

Sent via Turbo!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418790610183.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418790610183.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418790623485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418790623485.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418790633162.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418790633162.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 72

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
^^ Nice work, thanks for the update! How much of a lip is there in the front? Is there much clearance if you lay it down screen-first? (EDIT) Geez, I just now noticed the cut-out area in that one upper corner - is there a microphone there that I didn't know about, or...? (EDIT 2, per next post) Nix that, my eyes deceive me - thanks for clarifying mahers!

Last edited:

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
@HappyFunBall24 There is a lip. It was hard to capture in a pic. It's minor enough to not get in the way while using the phone, but prominent enough to prevent the screen from touching a flat surface when face down. And that's not a cutout. It's a black bar with the company's logo.

Sent via Turbo!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

Tech21 on 64GB Ballistic Nylon. I love it. Collects prints but its very grippy. Gives the phone a great feel but the smokey back and orange edges look great.

Tech 21 is one of the best cases out there!!! I had one on my Nexus 5 and use to amaze everyone when I would do live drop tests to show off the case.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

Tech 21 is one of the best cases out there!!! I had one on my Nexus 5 and use to amaze everyone when I would do live drop tests to show off the case.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit the BN properly. It pops off on the right top edge in my pocket. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress