11-03-2015 08:05 PM
679 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Got the commuter. Figured I'd give it a try until the tudia and diztronic TPU cases get in. Usually I'm a TPU case user, and I forgot how darn thick the Otterbox commuter is! Feels good in the hand, not too slippery. But thiiiiiick

DROID TURBO: Cases-1.jpg
    DROID TURBO: Cases-2.jpg
    DROID TURBO: Cases-3.jpg
    11-12-2014 02:26 PM
    I broke down and picked up the Tech 21 case today. It feels good in hand, the phone no longer slides around my center console, and it looks like it will offer solid protection if I drop the phone. However, I feel like my Turbo has doubled in size, and if I'm being completely honest and not to offend anyone, but I think the copper band is ugly. Without that, I'd love the look of it. Hopefully Seidio comes out with a Surface case, so I can make this my backup.
    areyes163 likes this.
    11-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Got mine two days ago, and in the process the past at the store came out with half a dozen of the ugliest cases I've ever seen for like $30+.

Given that A) This phone is super stylish on its own, B) Incredibly durable already, and C) I'm very careful with my phones, I declined to purchase.

Maybe if a cool looking case comes out I'll consider, but the ballistic nylon already looks like it's a case.

Sent Turbo Fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb
    11-12-2014 06:46 PM
    Got the commuter. Figured I'd give it a try until the tudia and diztronic TPU cases get in. Usually I'm a TPU case user, and I forgot how darn thick the Otterbox commuter is! Feels good in the hand, not too slippery. But thiiiiiick
    Thanks Clocks. This has changed my mind about it. I'll stick with my Verizon holster shell case. Loving it so far! Feels almost naked. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2014 06:46 PM
    Thanks Clocks. This has changed my mind about it. I'll stick with my Verizon holster shell case. Loving it so far! Feels almost naked. Lol

Do you have the BN version? If you do, does this case leave indentations in the nylon? I read about some marking along the 4 corners/tabs of the case.
    11-12-2014 07:52 PM
    Do you have the BN version? If you do, does this case leave indentations in the nylon? I read about some marking along the 4 corners/tabs of the case.
    It does. But they rub out. I had them when I removed the case but the quickly went away.
    ibcop likes this.
    11-12-2014 08:11 PM
    I have the Incipio dualpro and just picked up the Casemate naked and although it fits better and much less bulky it's really slippery and looks like it would scratch easily. I was hoping for more of a grippy clear back like my wife's Spigen iPhone so I'll be returning it
    11-12-2014 08:30 PM
    Picked up the Tech 21 case - pretty nice I have to say. I tried this case with my S5 holster - it fits but not digging the top clip - it hooks it but the clip doesn't go all the way down.
    I just picked up the Seidio Holster & Case for the G3 from Best Buy and I can verify that the holster fits 100% with a silicone/TPU type case on the Turbo. The case also fit the Turbo with some modification for the volume rocker and power button. It's great to have that smooth yet not slippery feel in my hands again as well as that one handed holster operation
    11-12-2014 09:21 PM
    I just picked up the Seidio Holster & Case for the G3 from Best Buy and I can verify that the holster fits 100% with a silicone/TPU type case on the Turbo. The case also fit the Turbo with some modification for the volume rocker and power button. It's great to have that smooth yet not slippery feel in my hands again as well as that one handed holster operation
    Any pics? Which holster (Dilex?)? You happen to have the Tech 21 case and that fit?
    11-12-2014 09:23 PM
    No pics, but it's the standard Seidio holster with the surface case, I had in a standard TPU type case so the Tech 21 should work. They'e packaged in a way that you can open it and test it out without ripping the packaging apart. If you're familiar with the Seidio holster this will feel right at home.

I was even able to get the case to work with some dremmel-ing for the volume and power button.

11-12-2014 09:31 PM
    Is the standard case with the Shell Holster Combo with Kickstand smooth plastic or grippy?

Shell Holster Combo with Kickstand for DROID Turbo | Verizon Wireless
    11-12-2014 10:27 PM
    Is the standard case with the Shell Holster Combo with Kickstand smooth plastic or grippy?

It's not slick. Has a good feel to it.

Posted via Turbo.
    11-12-2014 10:29 PM
    Yes, I've got the BN. The Verizon shell/holster does leave slight indentations but as somebody else mentioned they will rub right out. Think of it like carpet with a piece of furniture on it, then moving the furniture and vacuuming the carpet.

11-12-2014 10:31 PM

Grippy and very nice feel in the hand. I've used this shell/holster on previous Droids and I keep buying it bc the shell is just enough protection without too much bulk, some textured grip and a kickstand. Can't beat out. The holster is a bonus.

11-12-2014 10:34 PM
    I heard back from Seidio in regards to my inquiry about any potential Turbo cases. It appears they are not planning to release anything - at least at this time. Hopefully that will change.
    11-13-2014 06:35 PM
    I heard back from Seidio in regards to my inquiry about any potential Turbo cases. It appears they are not playing to release anything - at least at this time. Hopefully that will change.
    Here's pics of the G3 Seidio case from BestBuy (39.39 branded as the PT Platinum) which also includes the Holster which will also fit around a tpu cased Turbo. In the pics it looks like it doesn't encase the bottom but it does. Had to use the cutoff wheel ot a Dremmel for the volume and power button

11-13-2014 07:15 PM
    Speck Grip now available on-line. Not the smallest, but great feel, grip, and rubbery like protection.
    mwbryant1977 likes this.
    11-13-2014 10:17 PM
    Just received the Tudia Ultra Slim case in black from Amazon.

All the cut-outs are perfect, with separate holes for the camera lens and flash, as well as the three speaker holes on the back.

It's not SUPER grippy, but definitely makes the phone feel safer in hand. The back has a matte finish, so it doesn't show any fingerprints or anything. Doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all.

Definitely worth the $10 or whatever I paid for it.
    11-14-2014 02:09 PM

All the cut-outs are perfect, with separate holes for the camera lens and flash, as well as the three speaker holes on the back.

It's not SUPER grippy, but definitely makes the phone feel safer in hand. The back has a matte finish, so it doesn't show any fingerprints or anything. Doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all.

Just received mine at all. It's about as minimal of a TPU case as you can get...just what I was looking for.
    11-14-2014 03:11 PM

Are the top and bottom on back glossy or more matte like the middle? Do you have a picture of yours? The pics online look matte but the youtube videos for other phones look really glossy like a piano black.
    11-14-2014 03:22 PM
    The top and bottom are definitely glossy. The middle "matte" portion is definitely less textured than the online images make it seem, but it looks very nice. Here are some photos:

DROID TURBO: Cases-2ywwnc1.jpgDROID TURBO: Cases-camerazoom-20141114152710590.jpgDROID TURBO: Cases-camerazoom-20141114152722617.jpgDROID TURBO: Cases-camerazoom-20141114152730284.jpg
    11-14-2014 03:33 PM
    Thanks for posting looks good especially for the price
    11-14-2014 05:01 PM

Ballistic Nylon or Metallic Glass backing?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    KPMcClave likes this.
    11-14-2014 05:24 PM
    Ballistic Nylon or Metallic Glass backing?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Metallic glass. I'd imagine it'd fit both though, since there's a slight bit of give in the TPU material.
    bizzyqu likes this.
    11-14-2014 05:49 PM
    I ordered the Tudia Ultra Slim Lite TPU bumper case from Amazon on Monday and received it today (Friday). All the holes line up correctly and it fits really well. It was only $7.99 plus $4.49 shipping, total $12.48. Pretty good deal IMHO.
    11-14-2014 05:56 PM
679 ... 56789 ...