DROID TURBO: Cases

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the Tech 21 case - pretty nice I have to say. I tried this case with my S5 holster - it fits but not digging the top clip - it hooks it but the clip doesn't go all the way down.

Which S5 holster? The LG G3 phone is about 3 mm taller and 2 mm wider than the S5 so I was thinking of getting the Seidio holster, both the one for their Surface and Dilex case as one of theose should fit a TPU case nicely.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the Seidio Dilex on my S5. Just a hair too small with the Tech 21 case.

Posted via my S5

That spring will break (I know) Here's my (not perfect) solution. With a wire cutter or razor cut a little notch in the top of the case, like an indentation arounf where the clip is. That will give the clip room to come down, though it will be on the phone. I'll be ordering the Seidio holster for the G# soon and will pst pics on how it fits. The only thing is I now have a basic TPU case but will be getting the Speck Grip when it's available so I don't kmow whether to wait for that so I can try both holster (Surface & Dilex) with it.

I found a Seidio holster made for BestBuy, but it's for the G3 without a case so I think it would be too small for a cased Turbo. I'll check it out and report back.

Last edited:

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I placed an inquiry to Seidio and Zagg and they have both confirmed that they either will be producing or are in the process of producing accessories for the Droid Turbo. Hopefully, they come out soon.

I just got this email response from Seidio...

" We have not finalized plans to make products for the Droid Turbo yet.*"

I'd say don't hold your breath. If they don't know by now then the turbo will just become an older and older model, and less likely for them to make anything for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone comment on if the Incipio Dualpro or OtterBox Commuter are grippier than the other? Or comment on sizes? They seem to offer sum lar protection aside from the Commuter also covering ports.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone comment on if the Incipio Dualpro or OtterBox Commuter are grippier than the other? Or comment on sizes? They seem to offer sum lar protection aside from the Commuter also covering ports.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

Incipio has much more grip IMO, it has a soft feel whereas the commuter is hard plastic which to me felt slippery

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Incipio has much more grip IMO, it has a soft feel whereas the commuter is hard plastic which to me felt slippery

This. Coming from a Commuter to the Incipio I can say I much prefer the latter. Nicer appearance, better feel, similar protection & easier to insert/remove.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Got the commuter. Figured I'd give it a try until the tudia and diztronic TPU cases get in. Usually I'm a TPU case user, and I forgot how darn thick the Otterbox commuter is! Feels good in the hand, not too slippery. But thiiiiiick

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I broke down and picked up the Tech 21 case today. It feels good in hand, the phone no longer slides around my center console, and it looks like it will offer solid protection if I drop the phone. However, I feel like my Turbo has doubled in size, and if I'm being completely honest and not to offend anyone, but I think the copper band is ugly. Without that, I'd love the look of it. Hopefully Seidio comes out with a Surface case, so I can make this my backup.

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Got mine two days ago, and in the process the past at the store came out with half a dozen of the ugliest cases I've ever seen for like $30+.

Given that A) This phone is super stylish on its own, B) Incredibly durable already, and C) I'm very careful with my phones, I declined to purchase.

Maybe if a cool looking case comes out I'll consider, but the ballistic nylon already looks like it's a case.

Sent Turbo Fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Got the commuter. Figured I'd give it a try until the tudia and diztronic TPU cases get in. Usually I'm a TPU case user, and I forgot how darn thick the Otterbox commuter is! Feels good in the hand, not too slippery. But thiiiiiick

Thanks Clocks. This has changed my mind about it. I'll stick with my Verizon holster shell case. Loving it so far! Feels almost naked. Lol

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Clocks. This has changed my mind about it. I'll stick with my Verizon holster shell case. Loving it so far! Feels almost naked. Lol

Do you have the BN version? If you do, does this case leave indentations in the nylon? I read about some marking along the 4 corners/tabs of the case.

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the Incipio dualpro and just picked up the Casemate naked and although it fits better and much less bulky it's really slippery and looks like it would scratch easily. I was hoping for more of a grippy clear back like my wife's Spigen iPhone so I'll be returning it

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the Tech 21 case - pretty nice I have to say. I tried this case with my S5 holster - it fits but not digging the top clip - it hooks it but the clip doesn't go all the way down.

I just picked up the Seidio Holster & Case for the G3 from Best Buy and I can verify that the holster fits 100% with a silicone/TPU type case on the Turbo. The case also fit the Turbo with some modification for the volume rocker and power button. It's great to have that smooth yet not slippery feel in my hands again as well as that one handed holster operation

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the Seidio Holster & Case for the G3 from Best Buy and I can verify that the holster fits 100% with a silicone/TPU type case on the Turbo. The case also fit the Turbo with some modification for the volume rocker and power button. It's great to have that smooth yet not slippery feel in my hands again as well as that one handed holster operation

Any pics? Which holster (Dilex?)? You happen to have the Tech 21 case and that fit?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
No pics, but it's the standard Seidio holster with the surface case, I had in a standard TPU type case so the Tech 21 should work. They'e packaged in a way that you can open it and test it out without ripping the packaging apart. If you're familiar with the Seidio holster this will feel right at home.

I was even able to get the case to work with some dremmel-ing for the volume and power button.

Last edited: