Droid Turbo: Ballistic Nylon Crunching Sound?

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ballistic Nylon loose thread

I checked mine with the same jeweler's loupe I used to use on my exW's diamonds and saw nary a loose thread; pretty amazing actually. The weave looks fascinating under the loupe. However, I did see some specs of dust surrounding the camera lens on the bezel.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo 64gb ballistic crunch?

I have this issue. Doesn't bother me much. As long as the screen isn't moving in and out I'm okay with it. It's just the glue in on the battery in the back. It gets hot back there so it loses its adhesive quality when warm.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I checked mine with the same jeweler's loupe I used to use on my exW's diamonds and saw nary a loose thread; pretty amazing actually. The weave looks fascinating under the loupe. However, I did see some specs of dust surrounding the camera lens on the bezel.

Pixie dust?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I had this issue on one side of the phone. I pressed and held down on it for about 10 to 15 secs in different areas and it is all gone now. Will it come back? I don't know.

intheor911

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happened to mine. I was tempted to return it and get the red model, but that is only 32GB. It really is kind of annoying. I still might return it and get the Nexus 6 though. I'm coming from the Note 3, and the bigger display does seem more desirable.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Ha, cat dander probably. I put the phone in its case almost immediately after unboxing, with just a superficial inspection, so was interested when the OP posted. Luckily, the only place the BN shows is around the camera and LED's, so was easy to inspect. Overall, looks like a pretty robust build quality. I didn't note the 'crunch' of the BN like some other posters experienced. So far, no complaints.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

This is why I got the Metallic Black instead of the Ballistic Nylon. I was afraid this was going to happen with the nylon.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

FWIW, the BN display model at my VZW store did not have this problem and I assume it's been handled quite a bit.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I assume it's been handled quite a bit.

That's what she said.

Seriously though, I don't have this crunching (or fraying) on my 64GB. Either way I really don't think it poses a structural problem. Maybe just a bit annoying.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

This is why I got the Metallic Black instead of the Ballistic Nylon. I was afraid this was going to happen with the nylon.

Me too, but I had to get the BN. Too unique to pass on. Thankfully, no loose threads or crunch.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I was just in the Verizon store speaking to the manager about the Nylon issue and being on Verizon Edge without a case. He told me that very same thing about the threads and fraying. Suggested I put in a case. Why would I buy a device that I really dig the back to just cover it up.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I was just in the Verizon store speaking to the manager about the Nylon issue and being on Verizon Edge without a case. He told me that very same thing about the threads and fraying. Suggested I put in a case. Why would I buy a device that I really dig the back to just cover it up.

I'm not putting mine in a case just to protect bulletproof threads. They can protect themselves.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

The BN is super cool, but I passed on it because I was concerned of the long term issues

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Bah this is driving me nuts. If I call Verizon or go to the store, what will they do? I returned a Note 4 for this device, so I assume they won't send me a new device. I literally got this yesterday. I hate the glue noise...other than that it's a very solid phone. Great build quality.

Olittle

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Bah this is driving me nuts. If I call Verizon or go to the store, what will they do? I returned a Note 4 for this device, so I assume they won't send me a new device. I literally got this yesterday. I hate the glue noise...other than that it's a very solid phone. Great build quality.

I took mine to a corporate store and they exchanged it for a new one. It is a bit annoying...and should never happen with a device like this, IMO. The new one is tight and quiet. Hopefully you will have the same luck. Godspeed!

PFonte4

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Ballistic Backing question

On the back of the phone just to the right of the right LED flash the material appears to have a bubble in it. This is the second time this has occurred, the first one was separating from the seam along the same line.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App