Verizon Activation Problems 11/3/2014

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon Customer Service Level 2. Seems the Droid Turbos are having issues activating today. Probably the fact that they all arrived today from day 1 sales. Just giving folks a heads up. I will keep trying every so often to activate it.. eventually it will go through.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with my Bionic when I bought it on the first day when Verizon opened the doors. They couldn't get it activated in the store and took half a day before it worked.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
One of the reasons i like going to the store to get my phone.. When i got my daughters razr maxx a few years ago it took almost two hours for it to activate, the store kept it while we went to lunch.. But i was happy it wasnt me sitting at home being impatient lol..

Posted via the Android Central App

Jody Crouch

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been on the phone with Verizon for an hour trying to activate my new Turbo...they have no clue what to do. I get Activation Incomplete your phone will try again when you restart message? Any ideas?

Huck225

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue Friday and Saturday trying to activate my wife's S5. At one point the support suggested putting the SIM in my Z10 to ensure that the SIM wasn't the problem. Came up fine in the BB, moved the SIM back to the S5 and the phone came up fine. Funny part is that they phone still shows as a Z10 on my account :) G5 is working fine. Anyone see anything like that?

JPLINY

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Same issue. Spent an hour on the phone with Level 2 this morning and they opened a ticket. Strange part is that the data worked but not phone or messaging. Waiting for them to call me back.

UPDATE: Based upon Naylor07, I called them and had them add the new phone. Worked right away.

Last edited:

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem last night and after being disconnected from the first unhelpful rep, I got a guy who seem to knew a lot more about how to work the system.

He first removed the old device completely from the account, added a dummy device, then readded the droid turbo, instantly activated upon reboot after that.

I am glad I was not the only one with a problem. I thought it was just me.