Returns - VZ credits your c.card? Also, restock fee for exchanges?

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Reading VZ's website I'm a little confused - as it seems like they charge you a restock fee even if you want to exchange your phone.. ?

If you return an phone that you purchased with a credit card, will they credit the card - minus the restock fee.. or...?

Thanks in advance.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
IME, credits are to original form of payment, presuming it exists.

Policy is 35 bucks. However, anything is possible. Expect to pay 35 bucks.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
When I traded my Z3v for the Turbo yesterday, I had to pay a $35 restocking fee (because it's a ton of work to put a phone back in the box).

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo (64 GB).

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Ahh, but no fee to exchange a device for a replacement of the same device

Yeah, if it's a warranty/defective device, the restock fee wouldn't apply. The OP probably should clarify that. Would some pulled threads around the camera be a defect or a policy adjustment for an exchange? IDK. Would a 'I don't like this particular phone but I want to exchange for another identical one' be an exchange covered by the restock fee or not? Depends I guess. IMO, if pushing policy, probably best to deal with a corporate store.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if it's a warranty/defective device, the restock fee wouldn't apply. The OP probably should clarify that. Would some pulled threads around the camera be a defect or a policy adjustment for an exchange? IDK. Would a 'I don't like this particular phone but I want to exchange for another identical one' be an exchange covered by the restock fee or not? Depends I guess. IMO, if pushing policy, probably best to deal with a corporate store.

He is the OP ^_^.

There is no restock fees if you're exchanging your device due to a malfunction. When I had Verizon they didn't charge for one on a malfunction.