$100 Trade In Still Available with Verizon?

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if the $100 trade in of an old smartphone is still available with Verizon? My contract is up in mid December and was planning to get the Turbo anyway so hoping this was still available.

Is it also any smartphone? I thought I read in other threads that it was but wanted to confirm with anyone who has done this. I was planning on keeping my MAXX HD and just giving them my old Droid 2 Global if that is an option.

Thanks.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if the $100 trade in of an old smartphone is still available with Verizon? My contract is up in mid December and was planning to get the Turbo anyway so hoping this was still available.

Is it also any smartphone? I thought I read in other threads that it was but wanted to confirm with anyone who has done this. I was planning on keeping my MAXX HD and just giving them my old Droid 2 Global if that is an option.

Thanks.

I've heard the $100 credit will run until the end of December. Also, the trade in can be any smartphone.

We are in the same situation--I have a Maxx HD for my phone and I have an old D2G I'm going to trade. My contract ends Dec. 1st. I want to get onto the Edge program. I've been told I can do that before my contract date, but if I do, I won't get the $100 credit. With four lines, I'm going to have to wait for Dec. 1st. If you are going to renew your 2 year contract and are upgrade eligible now, you might be able to swing the deal. Caveat: I've gotten several different answers from various Verizon entities as to my upgrade/contract/trade in/Edge questions but the consensus is the one I described above.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes you get $100 minimum -- $150 maximum -- in the form of a VZW gift card which you can use towards your bill.

Any smartphone, regardless of it being activated, and you can mail it in rather than deal with the incompetence at the retail stores just ask for the return label from the phone support.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to trade in an old Droid Eris and kept my Galaxy Nexus as a backup and got $100 off my purchase right then on release day. My rep didn't know about the deal and I showed him that it said it right on the display and then the commercial came on and he checked and once my Eris booted up I got $100 off.

chasvs

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
How do I get this Trade In? I ordered the MDT and paid full price since I'm not eligible yet to Edge p or renew my 2yr Contract. I didn't get any notice of an available Trade In for my old phone.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My contract ends Dec 15. Is there any advantage to the edge program?

You don't have to pay the $199 up front for the device. Instead the full retail cost of $599 is amortized over $24 months. Then you get a discount on your per line cost per month. Bottom line--most people end up paying the same or a few dollars less per month with the Edge program.

However, the real advantage is that you can upgrade your device after you've paid for 75% of your phone, or 18 months. If you can't wait 18 months to get the latest device you pay the amount out of pocket that would get you to the 75% level.

Verizon Edge - Verizon Wireless

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes you get $100 minimum -- $150 maximum -- in the form of a VZW gift card which you can use towards your bill.

Any smartphone, regardless of it being activated, and you can mail it in rather than deal with the incompetence at the retail stores just ask for the return label from the phone support.

Yep, $100 if a current Verizon customer; $150 if you are coming from another carrier.

An advantage to doing it in the store is that they will apply your credit against your first bill without you having to hassle with e-mailed rebate codes, or if you want to buy an accessory (case, wireless charger) you can use the credit against the cost of that item and walk out with the item.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to pay the $199 up front for the device. Instead the full retail cost of $599 is amortized over $24 months. Then you get a discount on your per line cost per month. Bottom line--most people end up paying the same or a few dollars less per month with the Edge program.

However, the real advantage is that you can upgrade your device after you've paid for 75% of your phone, or 18 months. If you can't wait 18 months to get the latest device you pay the amount out of pocket that would get you to the 75% level.

Verizon Edge - Verizon Wireless
Thanks. I will have to read through the FAQ. So instead of buying the phone at the discounted price, you have to pay the full price and tax over two years? Then again, you get a line discount. No company comes up with plans to benefit the customer. Somehow, Verizon is getting more this way :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I will have to read through the FAQ. So instead of buying the phone at the discounted price, you have to pay the full price and tax over two years?

That is correct.

Then again, you get a line discount.

The line discount is a factor. But you must take 6 GB/month or more to get $15/month line credit, or 10GB/month or more to get the $25/month credit. In my case we're going for the 10GB/month plan, which means each line will pay $6 more per month, but we were previously on the 3GB/month plan. So the four of us are getting 7GB/month more data for $24 a month more.

No company comes up with plans to benefit the customer. Somehow, Verizon is getting more this way :)

I think they end up selling more phones, as people tend to trade up before the two years is over.

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
And I could be completely wrong, but if you Edge up early don't you have to turn in the old phone?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
And I could be completely wrong, but if you Edge up early don't you have to turn in the old phone?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

Yes, you have to turn in your current phone on early Edge. If you wait until your 2 years is up you can keep the phone and can do Edge all over again.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
That is correct.

The line discount is a factor. But you must take 6 GB/month or more to get $15/month line credit, or 10GB/month or more to get the $25/month credit. In my case we're going for the 10GB/month plan, which means each line will pay $6 more per month, but we were previously on the 3GB/month plan. So the four of us are getting 7GB/month more data for $24 a month more.

I think they end up selling more phones, as people tend to trade up before the two years is over.
I am currently on the 2gb plan. I guess I'll have to do some numbers and see what is better. Upgrading earlier is a nice feature, since these bastards release a new phone every six months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Is a Blackberry Tour a smartphone ? Seems so long ago I am not sure .
It absolutely is. I actually used my old BlackBerry Tour (BB9630 I believe) as a trade in for my Turbo on 11/4.

From the literature I originally read this promotion ends the end of December

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

aameghoo92

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know what is the cheapest smartphone eligible? Thinking about ordering something off ebay and netting the difference. Also does a iphone 3gs qualify?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol