05-20-2015 07:15 PM
73 123
tools
    tdizzel & vzwuser76 both are lucky enough to have perfectly functioning Turbos or they are also doing ostrich imitations as to the real operation.
    JJJones.... If that is the problem (and I believe it is) why shouldn't I call out verizon on their own overstated coverage? Their maps clearly show FULL LTE COVERAGE for all of zip 14624. If they want to claim it I can complain about it. Being in the first areas of the country to get LTE going live their actual coverage is centered around the local college's and very hit/miss elsewhere. Actual claimed coverage which isn't there should be called out and I've been complaining about the maps being inaccurate through my thunderbolt, bionic, RAZR Maxx HD and now Turbo. Marketing falsely shouldn't be acceptable to anyone, weenie words or not.
    No I've had my share of issues, which is why I'm running Network Extenders even though I'm shown inside their 3G coverage. See, here in zip code 57467, we don't have colleges and we were actually probably one of the last to see any LTE. And I'm not even using AC because I can't or suffer overage charges. I have AC disabled and use WiFi for my data.

All I was saying is that these things don't get fixed overnight. I'm sorry if I'm patient, and don't complain to anyone who'll listen that I can't use a feature that truthfully isn't a necessity. I grew up with 2 parents who were born just before the depression, and so I guess I have a slightly different take on what a necessity is.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing I'm going to say will change your mind on it, so this is where I leave you. As I said in the previous post you have options. Switch carriers or see if Verizon will swap devices to one that doesn't have this issue. But complaining to us does nothing. There is nothing we can do about it. So complain directly to Verizon or on their forums if you actually want to accomplish something, but doing it here will not.
    05-20-2015 08:31 AM
    All I was saying is that these things don't get fixed overnight.... So complain directly to Verizon or on their forums if you actually want to accomplish something, but doing it here will not.

Overnight?.... (Must be using the same definition as "Soon").

I do complain directly, on Twitter & on their forums. AND isn't this a Droid Turbo forum? And doesn't that involve Verizon?
    05-20-2015 09:29 AM
    It's a forum on android central that verizon doesn't read, so you're basically just shouting in a soundproof room when you post here. Nobody who reads this forum can do anything for you, except you. You can call verizon, ask for a new device, turn off volte, threaten to switch to another carrier, etc. But, you've been told this before, several times, so I hope you just do one of those things, or maybe start your own thread about volte and wifi problems, rather than keep shouting at a brick wall by posting your issues in this thread, over and over again.
    tdizzel and Bitterman like this.
    05-20-2015 09:52 AM
    You heard it. Other prospective buyers may also see it and factor it in any consideration before buying.
    05-20-2015 11:10 AM
    All I was saying is that these things don't get fixed overnight.... So complain directly to Verizon or on their forums if you actually want to accomplish something, but doing it here will not.

Overnight?.... (Must be using the same definition as "Soon").

I do complain directly, on Twitter & on their forums. AND isn't this a Droid Turbo forum? And doesn't that involve Verizon?
    It's a figure of speech, like give me a second. Is the person asking for one second, or a little more time.

Yes this is about the Turbo and Verizon, and so are a multitude of other things. Should we talk about all things Turbo and Verizon related in here? A separate thread, citing those specific issues would be better served to discuss that and only that. Even if what you're doing is to warn people, which is going to warn them quicker, a dedicated thread, or a few posts buried in a thread now 29 pages long?
    05-20-2015 01:13 PM
    Actually he does. That's what the Moderator tag means. They're here to try and keep the discussion on point. Your issues may have nothing to do with the Turbo itself or the Lollipop update.
    I've also asked several times whether those complaining about WiFi issues were using a Wireless N or Wireless AC router but I've yet to get a response. Being that I'm on an Asus AC router and have no issues what so ever and certain hardware conflicts with others we may be able to single out an issue. For example, if two people are having issues with the same router we can figure its a conflict there and not a defective device.

Unfortunately, people would rather complain and not give valuable information into figuring out the problem. My Turbo works perfect on WiFi and with Advanced Calling enabled during HD Calls and normal calls. The Turbo is fine, it works. Now lets figure out why those with issues are having them.

Don't come complaining about something if all you do is complain. Its counter productive and annoying. This is the reason Ry, a moderator, has come in here. Because Rob, and others, are out of control with complaining but they're not really looking to narrow down the issue. If I did that my internet would never get fixed because I've done everything and now we're looking further out at lines. But hey, keep complaining and not being proactive. You'll have a "broken" device until you get a new model.

TL-DR - the issue could be your router so figure that out first. Not all routers are created equal. As for Advanced Calling, it works fine. Any issues you have are unfortunately Verizon issues and not TURBO issues more than likely.

Edit - I apologize to Rob and anyone else who did respond to my questions and I just missed their response.
    05-20-2015 01:35 PM
    Ry does have the right to guide people to the correct threads. I've also asked several times whether those complaining about WiFi issues were using a Wireless N or Wireless AC router but I've yet to get a response.
    To be fair, Rob_B answered you: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4436091

My router is a 802.11ac with updated and has no problems connecting to an iPhone 4, iPhone 5, HTC one m8 and numerous laptops (not all at the same time). My LTE signal strength in my front yard is sometimes -100dBm sometimes -120dBm but my wife, daughter and son-in-law get better LTE reception. My WiFi signal strength shows as excellent one minute then gets unusable the next.
    05-20-2015 02:44 PM
    I've also asked several times whether those complaining about WiFi issues were using a Wireless N or Wireless AC router but I've yet to get a response. Being that I'm on an Asus AC router and have no issues what so ever and certain hardware conflicts with others we may be able to single out an issue. For example, if two people are having issues with the same router we can figure its a conflict there and not a defective device.

Unfortunately, people would rather complain and not give valuable information into figuring out the problem. My Turbo works perfect on WiFi and with Advanced Calling enabled during HD Calls and normal calls. The Turbo is fine, it works. Now lets figure out why those with issues are having them.

Don't come complaining about something if all you do is complain. Its counter productive and annoying. This is the reason Ry, a moderator, has come in here. Because Rob, and others, are out of control with complaining but they're not really looking to narrow down the issue. If I did that my internet would never get fixed because I've done everything and now we're looking further out at lines. But hey, keep complaining and not being proactive. You'll have a "broken" device until you get a new model.

TL-DR - the issue could be your router so figure that out first. Not all routers are created equal. As for Advanced Calling, it works fine. Any issues you have are unfortunately Verizon issues and not TURBO issues more than likely.

Same issue, use 6 different routers, including the one you have. ????

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-20-2015 02:47 PM
    Thank you, I didn't see that throughout all of the responses.
    Same issue, use 6 different routers, including the one you have. ????

Very strange, is the Asus Router running the latest firmware? Which band are you connected to, 2.4 or 5 GHz? Does it fully disconnect, stay connected and stop loading, etc? Either way, with 6 different failure including one that works fine for me (I connect to this router at my brothers and sisters so 3 separate that are flawless) I would have to figure the issue is your phone itself rather than a router. Or its possible something is interfering and you should try the other band (2.4 or 5). Difficult to tell but a device replacement, if not done already, may be necessary.
    05-20-2015 02:56 PM
    Thank you, I didn't see that throughout all of the responses.

Very strange, is the Asus Router running the latest firmware? Which band are you connected to, 2.4 or 5 GHz? Does it fully disconnect, stay connected and stop loading, etc? Either way, with 6 different failure including one that works fine for me (I connect to this router at my brothers and sisters so 3 separate that are flawless) I would have to figure the issue is your phone itself rather than a router. Or its possible something is interfering and you should try the other band (2.4 or 5). Difficult to tell but a device replacement, if not done already, may be necessary.
    I believe it's 5, and its more of an issue of proximity. If I'm more that 10-15 feet away (same floor) i get a loss of signal. I would have to agree its my specific phone, but Dont want to have to send it back for an exchange. Thanks for responding, I know it gets old when people get off topic. I'll try a new band and see if that helps.

05-20-2015 03:01 PM
    I believe it's 5, and its more of an issue of proximity. If I'm more that 10-15 feet away (same floor) i get a loss of signal. I would have to agree its my specific phone, but Dont want to have to send it back for an exchange. Thanks for responding, I know it gets old when people get off topic. I'll try a new band and see if that helps.

5Ghz offers faster speeds over 2.4 but it has its disadvantages. For example, on 5Ghz I get 125 Mbps download on my Turbo but on 2.4 I get just over 50 Mbps. My laptop gets 115 Mbps on 2.4 but 125 on 5 GHz.

The disadvantage of 5 GHz is that while its a faster band and less prone to interference, it also is not as reliable the further away you go from the router. So this could very well be the issue you're experiencing.
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-20-2015 03:06 PM
    Originally I was using the Motorola sbg6580 cable modem/router but my son-in-law balked at my using a combination unit & donated his netgear r6300 when he "got a deal" on an Asus RT ac87.
    05-20-2015 03:21 PM
    Originally I was using the Motorola sbg6580 cable modem/router but my son-in-law balked at my using a combination unit & donated his netgear r6300 when he "got a deal" on an Asus RT ac87.
    Are you still using the Motorola Gateway as a modem and plugging the router into it? If so, you need to out the Gateway into Bridge mode so you're not running two conflicting routers.
    05-20-2015 03:33 PM
    No, only using the cable modem for twc cable TV
    05-20-2015 03:37 PM
    No, only using the cable modem for twc cable TV
    Okay, you would be surprised how many people run a router through a Gateway without enabling Bridge mode. Are you using 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz? I covered this a few posts above but I'm just running it by. Some devices may be more sensitive on 5Ghz range and be better off on 2.4.
    05-20-2015 03:41 PM
    Okay, you would be surprised how many people run a router through a Gateway without enabling Bridge mode. Are you using 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz? I covered this a few posts above but I'm just running it by. Some devices may be more sensitive on 5Ghz range and be better off on 2.4.
    Hey my WiFi range and stability improved once I switched it to 2.4Ghz, so thanks again for the suggestion man. Much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘

05-20-2015 03:52 PM
    2.4 seemed to pick up interference from neighbors cordless so set to 5. Everybody else (the cell phones & laptops) play nicely with it and can connect & do work in the backyard. Turbo is the only one that connects fine then slows way down for no reason. In case you are interested, security is wpa2 psk with Mac address required.
    05-20-2015 04:10 PM
    2.4 seemed to pick up interference from neighbors cordless so set to 5. Everybody else (the cell phones & laptops) play nicely with it and can connect & do work in the backyard. Turbo is the only one that connects fine then slows way down for no reason. In case you are interested, security is wpa2 psk with Mac address required.
    Are you in an apartment? The signal would hold but I know the speeds would be extremely slow on 2.4 in a crowded apartment due to all of the electronics running on the band. You say you got a backyard so I doubt it but just checking. The Turbo may be acting up for some unknown reason but I've noticed this trend on Samsung devices also. Its hard to win.
    Hey my WiFi range and stability improved once I switched it to 2.4Ghz, so thanks again for the suggestion man. Much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘

Keep me posted on how it works throughout the week.
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-20-2015 04:34 PM
    It's a single family home on 0.5 acres. Neighbor still has a landline and uses an older cordless phone. My yard has 8 mature trees but lots of clear skies. Most times my Turbo gets -119dBm 4G signal strength around the house so I try to use my WiFi to enable voice & data (turned off AC because of dropping calls). I get all bars of 4G when near Rochester Institute of Technology (local college) but I haven't checked signal strength (I will though). If I got better WiFi reception at my house (at least as good as the iPhone laptops) I could at least surf & get calls from my Adirondack chair.
    05-20-2015 05:18 PM
    It's a single family home on 0.5 acres. Neighbor still has a landline and uses an older cordless phone. My yard has 8 mature trees but lots of clear skies. Most times my Turbo gets -119dBm 4G signal strength around the house so I try to use my WiFi to enable voice & data (turned off AC because of dropping calls). I get all bars of 4G when near Rochester Institute of Technology (local college) but I haven't checked signal strength (I will though). If I got better WiFi reception at my house (at least as good as the iPhone laptops) I could at least surf & get calls from my Adirondack chair.
    I have a friend that goes to RIT. Check to see if you have a firmware update to do on the router. It may help.
    05-20-2015 05:24 PM
    Son-in-law took care of that. I could have done it myself (35+ years as MSEE) but hey I'm retired now.
    05-20-2015 05:53 PM
    I'd try using 2.4 GHz again, but using channel 11, which tends to interfere less with cordless phones.

If that doesn't help, you can try 5 GHz but set the "wireless mode" to "legacy" to see if 802.11n gives you better connectivity than 802.11ac.
    Eclipse2K and TurboHope like this.
    05-20-2015 07:11 PM
    I'd try using 2.4 GHz again, but using channel 11, which tends to interfere less with cordless phones.

If that doesn't help, you can try 5 GHz but set the "wireless mode" to "legacy" to see if 802.11n gives you better connectivity than 802.11ac.
    Thank you for offering a suggestion while I was gone.

I really would like to solve his issue so we can all be happy... Until Lollipop brings more issues.
    05-20-2015 07:15 PM
73 123