Seidio Surface

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I see that Seidio now has the surface case and clip combo up for sale. Anyone try this yet? Does it fit the 64GB Model?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one and it had shipped. It is actually in the DFW metroplex with me right now. I will let everyone know as soon as I get it.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I received my surface case today. I have the 64GB ballistic nylon turbo. It is a tight fit but my phone is snug and I love the feel of this case. It takes a shove to get the case closed. It is difficult to get un snapped to take off. But once removed I saw no damage to the nylon.

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Another note: There is a guy in the case thread that thought it was too tight. I guess we need a third opinion. I'm happy and will be keeping mine.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Another note: There is a guy in the case thread that thought it was too tight. I guess we need a third opinion. I'm happy and will be keeping mine.

I'm the guy from the case thread and I'm happy to say I have changed my mind and plan on keeping the Surface case. I really like the feel and I love the holster so I figured since they probalby will not make a case just for the BN that I had to make it work. I just went and trimmed a little of the felt out from the inside of the top part of the case. (about a 1/4 inch strip down each side and a little above the camera opening)
Now the fit is much better and I can get the top and bottom to meet and snap together.
Its a keeper for me!
:)

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm the guy from the case thread and I'm happy to say I have changed my mind and plan on keeping the Surface case. I really like the feel and I love the holster so I figured since they probalby will not make a case just for the BN that I had to make it work. I just went and trimmed a little of the felt out from the inside of the top part of the case. (about a 1/4 inch strip down each side and a little above the camera opening)
Now the fit is much better and I can get the top and bottom to meet and snap together.
Its a keeper for me!

Probably well worth the work. To those that have never held a phone in the Seidio Surface case, it's probably unlike any other case you've felt. It's smooth yet sure handed all at the same time. Sleek while protective. And the holster has a quick action, easy in, easy out, yet so secure. There's a good reason this case and holster costs as much as it does. Once you've used one you're ruined for any others.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Guys, thanks for the input....Mine is now ordered....Love the surface case and glad they made it for the Turbo....Wish they had for the Maxx

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I never had a kickstand on a case before. It is a nice feature and doesn't get in the way when not being used. I really like this case.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Its a keeper for me!

Can you show some pics on what you trimmed out and re-applied? I really dig Seidio cases, especially the Dilex version..

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Can you show some pics on what you trimmed out and re-applied? I really dig Seidio cases, especially the Dilex version..

The Green is where I trimmed and the red circle is where I added a piece to build the snap area up to make it snap better.
I really don't think you need to trim as much as I did to make it work. I'm really happy with the fit now.
IMG_20141224_100839.jpg

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The Green is where I trimmed and the red circle is where I added a piece to build the snap area up to make it snap better.
I really don't think you need to trim as much as I did to make it work. I'm really happy with the fit now.
View attachment 156608
This is good information. Keep in mind that mine fit. I'm sure there are differences with each phone. This is a great case.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Cheers cbironman... Thanks for your work and posting this picture above. I'll be ordering my Seidio case as soon as I get paid on Friday.

Android Central App Does...

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have used the dilex case w kickstand on my HTC DNA and currently using the incipio case for my DTBN.

How does the surface compare size wise and protection wise to the incipio?

Posted via the Android Central App

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have used the dilex case w kickstand on my HTC DNA and currently using the incipio case for my DTBN.

How does the surface compare size wise and protection wise to the incipio?

Posted via the Android Central App
In my opinion... The incipio case is much thicker than the surface. Especially the lip around the screen. It does not have the feel of the surface. Both are excellent cases I'm sure. I did not like the incipio case at all.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion... The incipio case is much thicker than the surface.

Almost anything is thicker than the Surface. That's part of the beauty of the Surface. It does practically transform your phone into something that can't really be described.