Launchers for the droid turbo

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been considering Nova for a while now. Should I go free or Prime?

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

I agree with prior suggestions to try it free first, and then grab the Prime upgrade if you like the free version and think the added features are worth it to you.

I have Prime myself. For one, I like to support developers who make the stuff I particularly like. I can't recall all the added features in upgrading to Prime, but one is unread notifications on the icons of your e-mail, text, and pretty much any app you choose to have display them (i.e. FB, Twitter, etc.).

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with prior suggestions to try it free first, and then grab the Prime upgrade if you like the free version and think the added features are worth it to you.

I have Prime myself. For one, I like to support developers who make the stuff I particularly like. I can't recall all the added features in upgrading to Prime, but one is unread notifications on the icons of your e-mail, text, and pretty much any app you choose to have display them (i.e. FB, Twitter, etc.).
Cannot overly state the importance of this for good applications.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
To elaborate a bit...

I expect to pay for apps sometimes. I have no problem doing that. Sometimes immediatly and sometimes it upgrades a basic or trial version.

There are some apps I like *so* much, I upgrade from a free version even if the bump in features isn't that big a deal to me, because I love the overall app so much.

Nova is in that group for me (although the added features are also nice in this case).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
To elaborate a bit...

I expect to pay for apps sometimes. I have no problem doing that. Sometimes immediatly and sometimes it upgrades a basic or trial version.

There are some apps I like *so* much, I upgrade from a free version even if the bump in features isn't that big a deal to me, because I love the overall app so much.

Nova is in that group for me (although the added features are also nice in this case).

When I began reading this Nova was what I thought of.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've always wondered does running anything other than launcher3/default MotoHome still keep the default home app backgrounded without rooting to disable it? I've wondered if it wasn't a waste of resources but I do run Google Home, despite the swype-up action I still like having Now on the home screens.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've always wondered does running anything other than launcher3/default MotoHome still keep the default home app backgrounded without rooting to disable it? I've wondered if it wasn't a waste of resources but I do run Google Home, despite the swype-up action I still like having Now on the home screens.

If you use the multi-task button to swipe away the stock launcher after you install a replacement, or just restart the phone, it won't run in the background, no.

guitarmageddon

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I just started messing with nova this week and went to prime on day one. Its awesome and no glitches I've seen! I paired it with the moonshine icon pack and havent looked back. Great stuff

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Free has a lot of features. I'd try free to begin with. If you want/need the extra functionality of the paid version you can always get it.

Nova prime is the way to go if you're going to pay. Apex might not have the same dev support but the free version has more options than free Nova. They are very similar launchers

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I used Nova Prime on each prior droid. However, I started using Smart Launcher 2 for a change. I quite like it. Moreover, I spend much less time fiddling. Somehow the simplicity encourages me to spend less time "surfing" the launcher, looking for things to do. Go figure.

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I messed with a bunch over the years, there are some really good ones but Nova is top notch and my go-to.

The two killer features, simple though they may be, are the swipe down to open taskbar, and being
able to have a center home screen with others flanking it. Beyond that I was OK with the stock
launcher. It's nice that you can run pretty much whatever you want and it's till fast.