CRC Check errors intermittently on random files in ...DCIM/Camera...

cincypiper

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello All:

I'm frustrated by attempting to copy files from this directory to my own storage at home. I have attempted to copy this to 5 different storage devices (SSD, RAID Array, a 1TB 7200 SATA3 LUN) on two different computers. PC OS's are Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

Each time I attempt to copy files, a Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check popup happens. I'm concerned that either Android is rewriting the filesystem as I'm copying the file, or that the file on the device's filesystem is indeed corrupt in some way.

Please advise .. anything I can check. :confused:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Is the pc's USB port a USB 3 port? If so, does the pc have any USB 2 ports?

If not, and you have a wifi network, I suggest using either airdroid to copy the files wirelessly from the phone to your pc, or, perhaps better, just use a third party service like Dropbox, box, onedrive, Flickr, etc., to automatically copy the files to their service and then copy the file to your computer that way.

If the storage on the phone had crc errors you'd see messages on the phone as well when you took the photos, or any of your apps stored data files to storage. That's pretty unlikely to be the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87