OTG USB support- need help

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I've got my Droid Turbo w/Lolipop in an Otterbox commuter case. I have searched and can't find solid info on OTG USB support. Do any of you have a working set up that will let you plug a micro USB stick directly into the phone and be able to read files, music, ect? Do you have to use an OTG adapter? I'd love to take advantage of having all my music available without maxing out the phone's memory.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Dave

Posted via the Android Central App

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Is a file manager a necessity? Or can I just connect a USB stick via OTG and see the files in the appropriate app, for example will the music be in the default music player? Are there any USB sticks that have the OTG functionality built into them, thus eliminating the need for two pieces of hardware? I think another requirement for me would be that the mini USB connection be long enough to allow it to fully seat with my case on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
File manager is necessary.
yes they make usb drives with a micro adapter so it plugs right into your phone and your computer.. I own one its about the size of a dime.

OTG cables come in all different sizes

Ive heard issues with people getting music from an external memory to work with the new google music... worst case.. just download a simple player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress