Audio app skipping words and complete sentences

curtagain

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
You Version and Audio KJV offline audio apps are skipping to next chapter before completing current chapter. Both apps worked fine on Razr Maxx Hd,. Tried task killer to see what may be the trigger. Tried clearing app cache and data, disabling Moto display options. Uninstalling other apps that update like facebook or weather bug.. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. When listening to app audio after each chapter is complete the next chapter is announced. I've noticed the next chapter being announced before the current chapter is complete but the current chapter continues without ending prematurely and sometimes it will end prematurely and start a new chapter. Its as if there are two streams from the same app competing for the channel?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just checked You Version KJV (and NIV) audio and they both worked for me. Maybe email the developer with the problem.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo with Tapatalk Pro.

curtagain

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Have emailed developer. You Version responded that they are aware of the problem. I use ESV audio with You Version. I just spent about an hour and a half listening to Matthew from the beginning on the Offline Audio KJV with no problems. Its only a problem when it starts happening. I've thought it was gone and it'll start again. I have to say I hear faintly other streams with less volume in the background but it doesn't obscure the main audio. Might be the recording quality but I'm thinking that's a possible symptom that someone familiar with how the apps are coded and function would recognize. Never any response from Audio KJV Bible offline.

curtagain

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
You Version did not say it was Turbo specific. After I explained all I had done to troubleshoot they asked if I wanted to volunteer but I don't have time at present. If I figure out the conflicting program or process I'll share it. I had to replace my original Turbo within 15 days for a faulty speaker. This problem occurred on the original and replacement I now am using. I tried some other audio versions and the same skipping ahead was happening so now I know its not the specific audio apps I like but a problem with the default player within the apps. Id like to understand how these apps work. How within the recording the narrator can for instance say, "Chapter 4" and chapter 4 begins before chapter 3 is complete. I'll turn on the screen, access the app and tap the back chapter button to start 3 over and move the chapter to around where it skipped and it'll play through with no prob. I've also called Verizon many times but they don't know. You never know when it may be a app conflict. Hopefully someone has the required insight or a update causes this hiccup to disappear.

Last edited:

curtagain

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Definitely not Turbo specific at least according to the reviews complaints Audio Bible Offline at the Play Store

Last edited: