Headphone mic/buttons controlling Google Now not Music

FFDPKnucklehead

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi Android people I have a Droid Turbo and the button on my headphones stopped controlling the tracks and music and started controlling the Google voice search. When I plug in the headphones i hear a clicking sound, then when I press the button on my headphones the Google voice search pops up and says "listening" and if i cancel out of the voice search the buttons don't do anything. I tried downloading apps that control the headphone buttons and mic..and they haven't worked. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Thanks everyone

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had a better solution than this, but have you considered switching to Bluetooth headphones/earbuds? I had a similar issue with my Droid Maxx which just never went away, and that was the solution that ended up working perfectly for me.

Pros: It works
Cons: You have to buy new headphones; you have to charge the headphones; it drains the Turbo's battery faster; BT probably doesn't sound as good as plug in headphones.

If that's not an option, the best solution I found was Headset Button Controller. There is a trial version.

Trial: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.kober.headset&token=FeuL60gy
Full: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.kober.headsetbutton&token=P6iH-_X0

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Android people I have a Droid Turbo and the button on my headphones stopped controlling the tracks and music and started controlling the Google voice search. When I plug in the headphones i hear a clicking sound, then when I press the button on my headphones the Google voice search pops up and says "listening" and if i cancel out of the voice search the buttons don't do anything. I tried downloading apps that control the headphone buttons and mic..and they haven't worked. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Thanks everyone

Posted via the Android Central App
Welcome to Android Central!

You need to disable Google Voice via the Google or Google Now app. I'm not sure why that's all of a sudden doing this, but it could be related to a recent update. Just delete the "always listening" feature. Let us know if that helps.

peg110

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
So I am now experiencing this problem. To the best of my knowledge, I have not done any updates that have changed this, but then again, sometimes these things happen in the background without your knowledge.

I have a basic pair of headphones (wired) with the Volume UP and Down buttons as well as a button to change the tracks or it will answer (or hang up) the phone if you are using the phone. It worked wonderfully on my LG G3 (D850). Some how about a week or so ago (at least that's when I noticed), it started pulling up the Google Now (as if I had said "Okay Google"). I'd get the beep. If I pushed the button a second time, my music would start, but then, because I waited too long to answer the "Google Now" I'd hear the voice saying "If you said something, I didn't hear...." message.

Now I notice that it won't answer the phone either. All it does is "Silence" the phone from ringing (which is worse because I may not be looking at the phone and I think it's answered it).

I just disabled the "Google App" and rebooted the phone (it is running Marshmallow by the way). Now it seems to work as expected. This is sad because I do like the Google App. Now I will have to see if I can work without it and not be to inconvenienced.

romulo-godoi

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I had to create an account just to say that I have this very same issue. When I delete Google Now the earphone button does nothing and this suggested app have no effect on my phone.

I need help.

robftw86

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I had to create an account just to say that I have this very same issue. When I delete Google Now the earphone button does nothing and this suggested app have no effect on my phone.

I need help.

I have experienced a similar issue. I can't get the phone to work with going back tracks, but to fix the annoying OK Google in all apps on headset,

go to google now app > settings > voice > hands free > unchecked for wired/Bluetooth

Al Ma1

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
I'm stuck with the same problem now. I just switched from a Samsung with Android 8 (Oreo) to a Pixel with Android 9 (Pie). Now, when I use the top button of my headphone, it brings up Google assistant instead of increasing the volume. I use 3 buttoms headphones that are suppose to work with Android btw (Degauss Lab). With my previous phone, they worked flawlessly.

Disabling google voice or google assistant doesn't solve the problem.

Please help. If I could return my brand new phone (Pixel 3a), I would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699