Why won't my Android Turbo wake up?

A

AC Question

Sometimes I'll grab my phone to find that it isn't waking up. The screen is black and it won't turn back on. I know the phone itself is on because if I turn up or down the volume it makes the beeping noise, but the screen won't turn on.

Sometimes if I just push the power button over and over enough, it'll eventually just wake up and work fine. Other times I just have to turn it off and on again.

The weird thing though, is that whether or not I just turn it off and on again or hard reset it, it never seems to actually turn off. It acts as though it was off all along and goes straight to the Motorola logo as if it were turning on normally. And sometimes it will go through the whole Android booting animation with sound and after a few moments, instead of loading up normally, it will just turn off again.

Other times, when it's being unresponsive I won't even be able to hear the volume beeping. It will just have turned off without any reason. It says the battery is fine and it's charged up more than enough. And to make matters worse, almost every time this happens, in order for it to start functioning normally again, it first goes through an extremely long series of "optimizing apps" (77 or so of them.)

Help?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Turbo since launch in 2014 and mine has done that a few times over its life. I was always able to get it back on with no ill affects, but never sure why it did it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It could be that you have a system app that has some data corruption. If restarting in safe mode doesn't help, I suggest backing up your personal files (photos and videos, contacts if they aren't synced, personal ringtones, etc.) and do a factory data reset and set the phone up from scratch.

ScottBolser

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I've also started experiencing the same issue as the OP, a few days ago. The active display, flashlight and camera don't work with the motion sense either. I've tried clearing my cache but that didn't help.

Mysteroo

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I forgot- flashlight and camera don't work either. Although they might work when pushing the volume buttons make a beeping noise, I don't remember.

For whatever reason, I never even thought to look at other apps. I went ahead and cleared off some apps on my phone, hopefully that does something. I would try safe mode, but this happens very sporadically. So I'd pretty much have to keep my phone on safe mode all day for multiple days to see if it happens again. Sometimes it happens once or twice a week, sometimes it will happen five times in a day. If this doesn't work though, I guess I'll have to try that.

Thanks!

Mysteroo

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Well removing a bunch of miscellaneous apps has not helped. It might still be one of the remaining Apps that I have, but I'm not sure. It decided to turn off this morning and I was lucky enough to wake up beforehand and turn it back on before I needed my alarm to go off.

Anyway, I'll try keeping it on safe mode for a while and see if it changes anything.

Mysteroo

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
It worked for a while, and then I realized that I really needed some apps.
I turned in back on to normal mode and immediately started having issues.

I'm assuming it's an app, just not sure which one. I tried uninstalling mozilla, and thus far I haven't had another issue. But it's only been a little while. We'll see

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It worked for a while, and then I realized that I really needed some apps.
I turned in back on to normal mode and immediately started having issues.

I'm assuming it's an app, just not sure which one. I tried uninstalling mozilla, and thus far I haven't had another issue. But it's only been a little while. We'll see

Yes, one or so at a time is best until you figure out what is causing the issue. If the freezing still happens after the Mozilla app (? do you mean Firefox?) is removed, you can reinstall it and then try uninstalling another app.

Mysteroo

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
And so far, no luck. I'm still having all the same issues. It seems to be lessened in frequency, but that's probably just a coincidence. :I

jerry0417

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I had exactly the same issues with my droid turbo.

It random reboots frequently, or it just can't wake up but I can hear the beeping sound when clicking the volume button, or taking screen shot. Sometimes it reboots with black screen because I can hear the Droid Turbo booting sound. When this problem shows, it drain battery a lot and don't know when it would finish booting because it repeat several times in a row. I have been trying to flash other custom ROMs but seemed helpless. This is really annoying.

Then I searched some topics about random reboot and unresponsive issues when standing by, not only the turbo's but other android phones, it seems like it might be something related to the battery, so I opened the back cover of Droid Turbo, unplugged the battery then plugged it back tightly.

So far the device works pretty well. I hope this problem can be solved.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty