If Verizon has the Moto X, what is the point of the Ultra(s)?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't see much in common between the X and Ultra line, other than Motorola.

Except it's possible the Ultra will be the foundation for the "Hero" phone that's supposed to be part of the X line that's rumored for an October release.

As before, I'm not clear if the Ultra is an old design that's been in the pipeline or if it's representative of Google's involvement.

Posted via Android Central App

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the ultra is the moto x for Verizon. You know they aren't going to release just a straight up moto phone on Verizon without adding the droid branding to it and giving it a completely different name.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the ultra is the moto x for Verizon. You know they aren't going to release just a straight up moto phone on Verizon without adding the droid branding to it and giving it a completely different name.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Verizon seems to have had 4 device IDs go through the FCC though, including the one for the Moto X. If they fail on this one they need to be punched hard in the face.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the point of having the ultras with the moto x on Verizon. But then again I'm not a manager at either of these companies so it does not matter to me. I'm getting the ultra Maxx anyways.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon seems to have had 4 device IDs go through the FCC though, including the one for the Moto X. If they fail on this one they need to be punched hard in the face.

Supposedly -

Mini = XT1030
Ultra = XT1080
Maxx = XT1080M

Moto X (Verizon) = XT1060

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
If models correspond with numbers it'd make sense, higher the number better the specs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope the Ultra line gets the same software features as the X.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope the Ultra line gets the same software features as the X.

I hope the bloat that is allegedly absent from the X is also absent from the Ultra line. I keep my Phone a Loooooong time so I don't want to have to make a choice between lack of Bloat and Specs

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope the bloat that is allegedly absent from the X is also absent from the Ultra line. I keep my Phone a Loooooong time so I don't want to have to make a choice between lack of Bloat and Specs

Ingress is preloaded.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm no fan of bloatware either, but at this point how bad is it really?

It takes all of three minutes to disable and hide the apps you do not wish to use that come pre-installed.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
the is also the bother of needing to update the bloat Apps or constantly skip over updating it.

I wish that the FCC would simply mandate any apps or media not critical to the operation be rmeovable by the end user.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
the is also the bother of needing to update the bloat Apps or constantly skip over updating it.

I wish that the FCC would simply mandate any apps or media not critical to the operation be rmeovable by the end user.

If you've disabled them, you won't be bothered with an update.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't see the point of having the ultras with the moto x on Verizon. But then again I'm not a manager at either of these companies so it does not matter to me. I'm getting the ultra Maxx anyways.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

My case offers one scenario.
  1. Thanks to my Android tablet, my phone is used only for low-power tasks: phone calls, text, email, some news apps & camera/camcorder -- I don't need a powerful phone anymore
  2. I want to keep my unlimited data plan; so, I like the low price point of the off-contract Moto X

If the Moto X is easily rooted & supported by developers, I'll be happy to have it.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It seems to me that Ultra will be the bomb (bad way) since it isn't any different than the X except for larger screen. Everything else is the same, but since you can customize the X and it's likely a much better fit in the hand...why the Ultra? I'm headed for the Maxx I guess just because I'm tired of crap batteries...but the sucker is even wider that the already too-wide Razr...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, I've since learned that AT&T has exclusive rights to the 32gb version, & the phone is likely to retail for nearly the price of high-end phones; so, no deal. Bummer, I would have liked to try it.