No SD card - bummer

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was excited for this phone until I saw that it has no SD card slot. It's not a deal breaker but still..... Seems like there are always compromises to be made. I'm sick of making compromises.

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I was excited for this phone until I saw that it has no SD card slot. It's not a deal breaker but still..... Seems like there are always compromises to be made. I'm sick of making compromises.

this was not a "compromise" because Google deliberately left out SD card slots on this phone(and any other phone/tablet that Google messes with)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Certainly a deal breaker for me. Samsung S4. No compromises. Fastest processor on the market, SD card slot, removable batteries, big screen.

Pretty much covers all my bases.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a bummer for me too. I sold my Note 2 a few weeks ago and have been sitting on the cash waiting for a new phone that catches my attention. This almost made the cut except no SD card kills the deal.

On to the next one.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Is it really surprising though? Motorola is a Google company.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think this is going to be more or less the popular approach in the future. At least for some manufacturers. Forgot Google, it's about getting you in their network and to use their services.

It's understood that this model doesn't work for everyone, so I'm interested in seeing how they solve this issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is no perfect phone out of the box.

Good point - with the S4 and hopeful release of the One, Verizon customers will have good options to not having removable memory on the new Droid devices.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2