Kind of confused about screen resolution. what am I missing?

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been holding off on making a decision untill I could see them in person. The only thing I am worried about is the screen resolution on this phone verses the S4. I went in today to compare the two to see if I could tolerate the lower resolution but I could not really tell the difference. I dont know if maybe I am looking at the wrong kind of pictures and videos or what, but I could use some help on how I can see the difference. I tried watching an HI DEF trailer on youtube to test it, but I really could not tell. Is there an online site or video I should look at on each phone to show me the pixilation people talk about so I can know what I would have to tolerate.

Thanks.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
For a small screen the human eye will not pick up the difference between 720p HD and 1080p HD.

I have been holding off on making a decision untill I could see them in person. The only thing I am worried about is the screen resolution on this phone verses the S4. I went in today to compare the two to see if I could tolerate the lower resolution but I could not really tell the difference. I dont know if maybe I am looking at the wrong kind of pictures and videos or what, but I could use some help on how I can see the difference. I tried watching an HI DEF trailer on youtube to test it, but I really could not tell. Is there an online site or video I should look at on each phone to show me the pixilation people talk about so I can know what I would have to tolerate.

Thanks.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. So it is not just me or a failure to look at the right thing.

I am on a GNEX right now and hate every minute of it. Really likeing this phone. It has every thing I want but I am leaning to the MAX for the Wireless charging and the battery.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
There are people who will swear up and down that they can see the difference between 1080p and 720p on a 3 inch screen from 200 yards away. The bottom line is that if it looks good to you, then it looks good to you. there is no special something to look for. If you are looking at a 720p screen and you don't see pixelation, all that means is that you are actually being honest with yourself and not just worrying about bragging rights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya