tell me im making the right choice

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i had a s1 (stop laughing at me) i got the dinc and it worked great till sense decided to crap out on me then i got a replacement and parts of the screen didnt work and today i got my 3rd replacement and the colors hues are all jacked up so i called and got a nice manager ( who also gave me her direct line...yes i have skills with the ladies even over the phone ) and shes sending me out a X free of charge i just have to mail the dinc back to them....so please tell me i made the right choice and the X kicks all phones butts at this moment lol cuz i know next week there will be a better phone but this should be a good for for atleast a year :p im kinda excited

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, theres a desktop manager, and worst case scenario you can just turn the whole phone to mass storage mode and drag and drop away.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i had a s1 (stop laughing at me) i got the dinc and it worked great till sense decided to crap out on me then i got a replacement and parts of the screen didnt work and today i got my 3rd replacement and the colors hues are all jacked up so i called and got a nice manager ( who also gave me her direct line...yes i have skills with the ladies even over the phone ) and shes sending me out a X free of charge i just have to mail the dinc back to them....so please tell me i made the right choice and the X kicks all phones butts at this moment lol cuz i know next week there will be a better phone but this should be a good for for atleast a year :p im kinda excited

right choice buddy, I'm going through the same thing

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
You will have to decide once you get it. My company has one they are testing out and i got a chance to spend some time with it. maybe it was this particular device, but it was laggy. Zooming in and out of web pages was nowhere near as fast as the Inc. Scrolling through lists was also not nearly as smooth as the Inc. Its also big. Like really big. the kinda big you dont understand until its in your hand. Holding it up to my face to make a call I felt like I was holding a book. Maybe it just a question of getting used to it, but a 4.3 inch screen is just a whole different ball game.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
he's probably talking about syncing with programs such as Outlook for your email, contacts, and calendar.

Why would that be important? You can sync Outlook to Gmail and doesn't the phone pull your info from Gmail directly? Desktop Sync is the only thing on blackberry that I don't give a crap about; it's never been remotely useful thanks to the BIS-from-webmail tool and Google Sync... How is this typically done on Android phones today?

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Why would that be important? You can sync Outlook to Gmail and doesn't the phone pull your info from Gmail directly? Desktop Sync is the only thing on blackberry that I don't give a crap about; it's never been remotely useful thanks to the BIS-from-webmail tool and Google Sync... How is this typically done on Android phones today?

I have found it very usedul in the past as I have an assistant at work who updates my Outlook with appointments, new clients (contacts), etc. When I sync up, bamm.....they they are. That's just how we did it. I don't really feel like moving everything over to Gmail; so, a desktop sync works quite well for some people.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have found it very usedul in the past as I have an assistant at work who updates my Outlook with appointments, new clients (contacts), etc. When I sync up, bamm.....they they are. That's just how we did it. I don't really feel like moving everything over to Gmail; so, a desktop sync works quite well for some people.

But that's the brilliant thing... you don't have to migrate to Gmail at all. You don't even have to tie the inbox to your calendar and contacts. You can simply suck the calendar and contacts from your outlook account (with google sync for outlook) and push them into a gmail account of your choosing, and then push them from there to your phone (in my case, for the time being, it's a BB). You can even create a junk gmail account that you never use for actual mail to do this. This way, your handheld gets updates from your outlook info with no need to dock it. If you have an assistant doing it, even better; they can update it while you're away and your phone will get it. Pair that with something like ActiveSync (or whatever it is that Android uses) to pull messages from Exchange and you can integrate with an outlook system easily, remotely, and best of all for free (and with no corporate overlords getting involved).

bkleman

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes you made a great decision.

I recently cancelled an Incredible order and will pick up the Droid X Thursday. Having played with the device myself as well. I think you will be pleased with your decision.

Ktulu

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
But that's the brilliant thing... you don't have to migrate to Gmail at all. You don't even have to tie the inbox to your calendar and contacts. You can simply suck the calendar and contacts from your outlook account (with google sync for outlook) and push them into a gmail account of your choosing, and then push them from there to your phone (in my case, for the time being, it's a BB). You can even create a junk gmail account that you never use for actual mail to do this. This way, your handheld gets updates from your outlook info with no need to dock it. If you have an assistant doing it, even better; they can update it while you're away and your phone will get it. Pair that with something like ActiveSync (or whatever it is that Android uses) to pull messages from Exchange and you can integrate with an outlook system easily, remotely, and best of all for free (and with no corporate overlords getting involved).

I'm pretty sure Google Sync for Outlook only works with Google's corporate email product. Google does make a calendar sync app for Outlook but not a contact sync one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non