Have you received a call from VZW csr about your DX order yet?

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This is kind of like the have you got a call from Best Buy thread but from VZW instead.

Im anxiously awaiting my callback confirming my DX order from VZW. Has anyone got one yet, I doubt it but knowing VZW you never know lol.

geekpimpfx

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was told I should expect a call around 3 pm on the 15th or I could call earlier to place the order, I doubt I will hear beforehand

john_5_24

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually called VZW's telesales and was told they don't have access to ordering it yet. The rep took my name and number and said he would call me. I then called the local store to ask if they were opening early (they aren't) and the rep who answered the phone set an appointment for me. She told me they are holding a phone for any person who sets an appointment for Thursday or Friday. Any other "walk ins" will be subject to available inventory after the appointment holders.

I know a rep at another store and she said they aren't doing that. Sounds like stores are being given some latitude based upon how much interest they have been getting.

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont want to be a pest but if I dont get a callback by 12pm on Thursday Im going to a store or place the order myself.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know a rep at another store and she said they aren't doing that. Sounds like stores are being given some latitude based upon how much interest they have been getting.

Individual stores can really do whatever they want with things like this, as long as they don't make a mess of it. In reality, how can Verizon find out if they held phones for people unless they raid the store on the 15th? lol. It's mostly authorized retailers that only do this, and actual Verizon corporate stores won't.

ChuckMRN

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife got her call today. Told her to show up at 9PM tomorrow for her new X. Said they will start doing business at 2105hrs Pacific time.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My wife got her call today. Told her to show up at 9PM tomorrow for her new X. Said they will start doing business at 2105hrs Pacific time.

o_O

You do realize the Droid X doesn't release until THURSDAY the 15th...I have yet to hear a corporate store sell an X yet...

If this is true, keep us posted.

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I received my phone call today and made an appointment for 6pm on Thursday to get my X. I cant wait!

That's funny, exact same scenario here.
Guy told me they were going to hold my phone and the first appointment was at 1pm, I told him I couldn't make it until after work, so I have a 6pm appointment. :)

rindof21

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My contact at my corporate store just called me to verify that I still wanted one held for me. He told me that I can stop in anytime and speak to him and he will have it set aside for me. He suggested that I wait until around 10 so I dont get caught up in the morning lines.

I'm still planning on going in around 815 as I want to be at work by 9. I played with the phone yesterday evening and cannot wait to get ride of my POS Storm.

tlc246

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Jut got the call!

I just got the call from my local Verizon store. She said she would hold the X for me until 12pm, but I'm totally going to be there @ 8:55am a couple of minutes before they open their doors. I like the fact that they kept their promise they told me yesterday they would give me call. Thanks Gabrielle.

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Got a call a couple days ago setting up the appt for tonight and then anther today collecting basic info because they expect there to be a big line of "appointments" tonight and are trying to set it up to move faster. Not as lucky as johnzor! But will be getting it at 11 tonight!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member