having a few issues any help would be great

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Still trying to figure out all this android/google stuff coming from BB. The 2 major issues I'm having which are driving me nuts are as follows.

1.) my gmail stopped notifing me of mew emails, was working fine yesterday but last night/today I get nothing. If I manually open the gmail app and hit refresh they are there. I changed nothing from yesterday when it was working.

2.) I cannot get my wifes gtalk account on mine as a friend, I have added a few people with no issues but I cannot add her, if I hit send invite kinda does nothing, then she can add me but its not really as a friend contact but more of like a "chat". So we talk but as soon as I end conversation she is gone again! Until she sends me a msg from her phone then shes back as a "conversation" not friend.

Any idea's?

mdmill1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Still trying to figure out all this android/google stuff coming from BB. The 2 major issues I'm having which are driving me nuts are as follows.

1.) my gmail stopped notifing me of mew emails, was working fine yesterday but last night/today I get nothing. If I manually open the gmail app and hit refresh they are there. I changed nothing from yesterday when it was working.

2.) I cannot get my wifes gtalk account on mine as a friend, I have added a few people with no issues but I cannot add her, if I hit send invite kinda does nothing, then she can add me but its not really as a friend contact but more of like a "chat". So we talk but as soon as I end conversation she is gone again! Until she sends me a msg from her phone then shes back as a "conversation" not friend.

There is a app for the gmail notifier either in app brain or the market that is for the original gmail icon ...what I did was add gmail again in the messages inbox and it notifies me just like the other emails I added.

Not sure about the gtalk I haven't set it up yet. Hope I helped out.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
FIXED issue number 1, there is a sync option under my accounts for data that somehow became unchecked :p

FIXED issue 2 also, For gtalk to work properly you have to have their gmail email in your address book otherwise things act funny.(I had a hotmail address in my book for my wife so the gtalk was not letting me add her)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95