facebook notifications showing up in inbox of email

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Open your universal inbox and hit your menu button. Click "edit universal inbox" and deselect facebook.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Wait. I misread that. I assume your att inbox is your facebook email. I think the facebook android app doesn't give notifications, so the email comes to your inbox instead of coming as a facebook notification. Hopefully this will get fixed in the app soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, Android's FB app has some catching up to do to Blackberry's. I love how RIM was able to take away the FB notification email and just push it to the FB app.

Jumper_jax

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, Android's FB app has some catching up to do to Blackberry's. I love how RIM was able to take away the FB notification email and just push it to the FB app.

Me too.. So far the only thing I miss about my storm was the facebook notifications, it was so fast, now I just feel like I'm missing things. Doesn't help that my fbook email is yahoo so when I'm home on wifi I don't get my emails lol.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded the "Bloo" facebook app just for instant notifications- (make sure to let it run in the background and not kill it)

works great for us former bb users ;)

and the LED is Blue when you get a notification-

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
My facebook email is gmail, while I don't get facebook app notifications I do get an email notification whenever something happens on my facebook. Then I just open the link in the touch facebook site. Works great.

rhcmhc#AC

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
agreed - there are two things that the Droid lacks . . . 1) corporate email (similar to the BES) and it's social networking . . . not only does the timelines lag . . . .it's missing that BB smoothness . ..

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I think in general android social networking owns the BB version, with the exception of notification. My facebook app on BB is slow and unresponsive, the droid version is super smooth and fast for me.

elvisofaces

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
After the Storm1 my X is 1000% better on fluid function on the FB app. But the notification could be more like the Storm1/RIM app. I myself hope this issue gets fixed it doesnt seem that hard of a fix if RIM can do it, Right?