2 X questions..

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
1) Voice mail password.
I used the *86,,xxxx and it doesn't work. I also tried with a # at the end.

if i tap the voicemail app on the home screen, it will not send the PW, if i go into contacts and tap the voicemail contact, it will..
any idea how to make the home screen widget work correctly?

2) any idea how to uninstall some of the default apps?
for example, blockbuster, city id, amazon mp3.. etc..
i don't want or need those. can they be removed, or do we have to wait for the phone to be rooted?

thx

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If you havent figured it out yet just edit your voicemail # so it looks like this *86,,XXXXXX (XXXXXX is your voice mail password).

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If you havent figured it out yet just edit your voicemail # so it looks like this *86,,XXXXXX (XXXXXX is your voice mail password).

did you not read my original post?
that doesn't work

it works via contacts - > voicemail
but not if you us the contacts widget on the home screen

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, call settings, voice mail service, click on my carrier. Click on the ?123 button, click pause n the XXXX for ur password n save. Should work.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, call settings, voice mail service, click on my carrier. Click on the ?123 button, click pause n the XXXX for ur password n save. Should work.

I did and it doesn't.
if you go into contacts and press the voice mail contact,
it will dial and then on the screen it says "sending codes"

If you press the voice mail widget on the home screen, it just dials.
but never says "sending codes" and it just keeps saying "enter your password"

bobmartin25

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Autodial Voicemail Password

I have exactly the same problem. I have entered *86,,1234# with various options and it simply doesn't seem to go beyond the ,, then it pops up a dial pad and ask for my password. This happens whether I press and hold the 1 on the dial pad or if I press the short cut to voicemail. If I go into contacts and press the voicemail it does work. Anybody have a clue?