Whats the deal with the calendar?

ffud

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Did motorolla totally replace the calendar app google makes? It doesn't look anything like the app pictured on google's site (Google for Android) and looks more like moto's widgets. It doesn't seem as fully functional as I would expect or like. If it is not google's stock app, does anyone know how to get the normal Google Calendar App that is featured on the above web site? Its not in android market as far as I can tell.

-Thanks

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Calandar listed in the app drawer is the same calandar i've had on every Android phone??????????

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ffud

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Did they just change the color scheme then? Cuz the one on here is all black and stuff as opposed to the grey on the one i linked to. The icon for the app is also different. If this really is the reall google one, then can some one help me figure out how to have it give me alerts/ notifacation cuz so far that hasn't been working.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
in calendar hit the menu button, more>settings. This is where u setup calender notification settings. in alert&notifications it is set by default to only give u a status bar notification....fyi

ffud

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
That's what i was messing with and i couldn't get it to work in my tests. I guess ill keep messing with that. Also, in my attempts to customize the notifacations for different events, i couldn't seem to get it so save. When viewing an event, should it show me what the notifacation is set to on that particular event, or is that hidden by default?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
In the original Droid there was the corporate calendar app, and the Google calendar app. They yanked the Google Calendar app from this one and included their custom calendar app instead, and no it isn't the most beautiful thing I've seen before.

ffud

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If that's the case on the x, issues there anyway to download the normal one somewhere other than the marketpalce and install it.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That worked for me but I have to "home" out of it every time. Strange that there's just no way to set it to open to a specified view.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Looked around but haven't been able to find an answer to this question:

My calendar notifies me of all day events (like birthdays) at 4:50pm the day before. Anyone know why it comes in so early? Any way to have to notify at midnight?

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
The daily agenda notification from Google is sent out around 5am each day. I'm not sure why you're getting yours the day before in the afternoon.

Check your default notification schedule in your Google calendar account. I'd take a look at some of the events, too, to see how your alert reminder time is currently set.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87