Cant Change off of 911 only

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to change off of 911 only for GPs use, and it wont let me. It is like the phone has no other option. It doesnt matter if I long press, short press, double tap, triple tap, tap dance then double tap. Nothing. It just stays on 911 only. Ideas?

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a default option that can't be changed, you can only choose to have GPS on continuously in addition to when you make an emergency call.

If you have used a Blackberry before, the options were bascially E911 only and Location On. So to compare it to this, turning on the GPS function on the Blackberry is basically having E911+GPS on the Android phones. It's not an option that should even be disabled if you could, so I wouldn't worry about it. It sucks up very very little additional battery life, if any, and is automatically integrated into the GPS function when you turn it on.

Dunno if that helped at all, I kinda ran around a little on that explanation.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I think that it did, but to put it into what i think you said:

It wont give me the option to change it because it isnt needed. Unlike on a Blackberry or regular feature phone where the options are 911 or location on, on the X it is always 911, and will turn location on as needed.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think that it did, but to put it into what i think you said:

It wont give me the option to change it because it isnt needed. Unlike on a Blackberry or regular feature phone where the options are 911 or location on, on the X it is always 911, and will turn location on as needed.

Yea, that's basically right. The E911 option is always active on other phones and cannot be shut off. It's just usually not shown while GPS is enabled. The X is essentially the same, it just doesn't go away or change the option when you turn GPS on. It makes the GPS features seem a little more customizable in my opinion, because I can see everything that is on in one screen. So don't worry about the E911 location feature, it's not harming your phone performance in any way. (But it will allow Big Brother to locate your phone whenever he wants lol)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty