Launcher Pro Serious Lag Issue

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So i've been using launcher pro for about a week now and all of a sudden im experiencing serious lag when flicking through homescreens. I haven't changed a thing widget or app or setting wise. What's going on?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a task killer?

Hmm thats weird. I would say uninstall and reinstall but thats just a pain because you would have to put all your apps and widgets back on it :/

Maybe switch back to the stock home screens and then back to the launcher pro and sees what happens. I've never had it lag out on me

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Actually this happened to me last night as well. Everything in the phone went to complete s%$t. And this was about 15 minutes after powering up and down because Google Voice wouldn't send. Pulled the battery and everything came back to normal but it's worrying as I'd really like to know what happened.

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My husband says it is laggy (is that a word?) on his Incredible and he is thinking of dropping it. I haven't had any issue on my X so far.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to restart my phone as well and i didn't get any improvement. It seems like the overall performance of the phone has been decreasing of late.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My husband says it is laggy (is that a word?) on his Incredible and he is thinking of dropping it. I haven't had any issue on my X so far.

I believe that others have reported that the Incredible allows you to disable the sense interface, did he disable that before running Launcher Pro Home screen because maybe there is a conflict with both running since they are both powerful interface.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
My LP has been running fine. Don't know what your problem could be. Task Killers aren't very good things for Android, as you'll read all over.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I believe what you need to do is to take your stock launcher and remove all the widgets.
On the Dinc, these are still running when you have another launcher running over Sense. Thus slowing it down.

Give it a try and let us X wantabe's (waiting for them to become available) know.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure its launcher pro and not something else sucking up the cpu cycles. I've been using LP now for a while and never experienced any issues.

As for using Task Killers, I'm with Stang68, they provide no performance benefit and actually can cause the phone to slowdown

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i recently trashed everything from my Moto Home, shortcuts, widgets and did a reboot- Haven't notice any lag since. It actually looks and feels way more responsive-

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My LP has been running fine. Don't know what your problem could be. Task Killers aren't very good things for Android, as you'll read all over.

I still think that Task Killers are not a bad thing, I haven't had any issues since I installed Advance Task Killer, before I installed I had lags and lock ups due to system memory running low on resource, I don't get how leaving unused applications running in the background is suppose to be good on the systems resources.. As long as you add needed applications to the ignore list I dont see how its a bad app to have..

Ryobi

Banned
Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe that others have reported that the Incredible allows you to disable the sense interface, did he disable that before running Launcher Pro Home screen because maybe there is a conflict with both running since they are both powerful interface.

Follow me here. You cannot disable sense on the Incredible.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Try installing a task manager and use that, you might just be getting bogged down by apps

Advanced task Killer is the popular one
please not a task killer.:eek: any way my lpp has been running fine no problems and no task killer involved. android does a good job keeping mine fresh.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
there's nothing wrong with task killers.. Idk why everyone gets so up in arms over them.
i use them to kill off the bloat and my stuff runs fine.
although I will say I have noticed lag with LP, it could be because I didn't trash the icons from the moto interface. I'm going to do that and see if it helps.